Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Damn, im at 20312 Rev 243, nothing is grayed out and im able to set auto updates and a schedule. But havent had OTA and no success with updating via USB. This TSB wont help me get unstuck?
No. It’s not intended for a update path. Be careful with this method also. The previous fastboot they release erased peoples navigation entirely.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
APIM finally updated. Moving to TCU.
So your restart loop ended?
Can you give any insight to what might have made the difference?

Congrats. I predict you are going to have a fully updated truck if you just stick with it. :)

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat V8 Job 1, 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
No. It’s not intended for a update path. Be careful with this method also. The previous fastboot they release erased peoples navigation entirely.
Jesse, can you tell me if the purpose of the TSB 22-2117 is to get you past the failed 1.7.1 update? Thanks

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse, can you tell me if the purpose of the TSB 22-2117 is to get you past the failed 1.7.1 update? Thanks
It is to fix the update page greyed out. That’s it it doesn’t update it doesn’t do anything else other than reinstall one file that is related to that it’s sideloading the apim file that handles that.

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat V8 Job 1, 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
It is to fix the update page greyed out. That’s it it doesn’t update it doesn’t do anything else other than reinstall one file that is related to that it’s sideloading the apim file that handles that.
Thank you. My update page is greyed out so I guess I'll take a shot. one step closer maybe.

Sponsored

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
The first APIM USB update - do we leave the USB inserted in the truck for as long as it takes? Days? Do we just shut down FDRS an disconnect in the mean time?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The first APIM USB update - do we leave the USB inserted in the truck for as long as it takes? Days? Do we just shut down FDRS an disconnect in the mean time?
Yeah unfortunately that one seems to kick off when it feels like it. Some have suggested a long drive. Some disconnect the battery charge it for a while it is disconnected and then reconnect and had that work.. iceman drove for a few days and it kicked in.. so yeah just leave it in

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
So here's a stupid question I don't see mentioned.

If you have upgraded past the issues of the 1.7.1 boondongle, what if anything is needed for OTA magic again, or simply have we not just seen one yet? Since the TSB only applies to those stuck on the 1.7.1 and nothing beyond.

Only updates I have to apply currently are BECM (which I have no idea how to apply because it immediately fails with the Ignition off like it says) and GSM which is a common theme around these parts.

jmm3807

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seasavvyaquarium.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
So here's a stupid question I don't see mentioned.

If you have upgraded past the issues of the 1.7.1 boondongle, what if anything is needed for OTA magic again, or simply have we not just seen one yet? Since the TSB only applies to those stuck on the 1.7.1 and nothing beyond.

Only updates I have to apply currently are BECM (which I have no idea how to apply because it immediately fails with the Ignition off like it says) and GSM which is a common theme around these parts.

Same question haha. I’d like to know if all the updates applied eventually kick off the process to start OTA again.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Same question haha. I’d like to know if all the updates applied eventually kick off the process to start OTA again.
They haven't for me. Haven't had an OTA since Nov 18, 2021, (which failed twice)... Been doing them myself. Earlier in the year, they replaced the APIM and that didn't help either. Still have to do them manually.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Yeah unfortunately that one seems to kick off when it feels like it. Some have suggested a long drive. Some disconnect the battery charge it for a while it is disconnected and then reconnect and had that work.. iceman drove for a few days and it kicked in.. so yeah just leave it in
I haven’t tried this but maybe giving the APIM a direct nudge might help. Leave the flash drive in, log into FDRS and run a self-test. Might wake it up and cause it to recognize the flash drive.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
Battery voltage is ~13. Charger has good connection. Here are pics of what I'm seeing taken through open back window.

PXL_20220326_140517602.jpg
PXL_20220326_140526099.jpg
I get the same 5hing
Battery voltage is ~13. Charger has good connection. Here are pics of what I'm seeing taken through open back window.

PXL_20220326_140517602.jpg
PXL_20220326_140526099.jpg
Same thing happened during CCM, ipma, and pscm last night completing updates. The truck shuts down during the CAN update but those stay lit up. I am using the suggested charger in the post in PS mode. FdRS showed 14.6 vdc. I did not encounter any issues during g or after install. No DTCs in any module...

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I get the same 5hing

Same thing happened during CCM, ipma, and pscm last night completing updates. The truck shuts down during the CAN update but those stay lit up. I am using the suggested charger in the post in PS mode. FdRS showed 14.6 vdc. I did not encounter any issues during g or after install. No DTCs in any module...
That is something different. During an active update, the truck behaves electrically differently. It’s really not telling you anything to monitor that stuff. What @dougbillings was talking about is what he was seeing during the shutdown period after the USB update had completed and before the truck was restarted.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
That is something different. During an active update, the truck behaves electrically differently. It’s really not telling you anything to monitor that stuff. What @dougbillings was talking about is what he was seeing during the shutdown period after the USB update had completed and before the truck was restarted.
Got it. Thank you for pointing that out.
Sponsored