Sponsored

Is There No Aftermarket Mufflers For The 2021 F150's?

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
I’ve spent hours watching exhaust clips on YouTube and I’m torn between the mbrp 3” catback that includes both the resonator or the bypass pipe, or the borla s type. The mbrp sounds a little quieter in most videos, but I’ve come across reports of drone. The borla sounds louder on a cold start which is a little concerning for early mornings but supposedly no drone at all. At this point I’m leaning towards the borla because I do a ton of highway driving and can’t stand droning.
Buy the Borla and don’t look back. No drone. I have the ATAK on my 3.5 and it’s perfect. Many of these systems use larger mufflers and a resonator. Not much change over stock. Waste of money in my opinion.
Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I put a Flowmaster FlowFX 71229 on my truck... I really like it, under 1500 rpms it's basically stock, you really cant hear it. 2,000 plus and you know it there; I cant hear the engine sounds anymore. The exhaust will crackle and pop if you want it too, since its a straight through design. I can hear my truck inside on a cold start now. I keep the stock resonator because it's a straight through design now. It has zero effect on performance and only removes the awful (imo) raspy overhead cam/high rpm sound.

If you want louder, but not Borla or MBRP loud, get the flowmaster flowfx 71419. My goal was old man status but old school deep, and it is nearly perfect....not quite loud enough and not quite deep enough, but nothing would ever be 'perfect.'

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm curious what the Roush system will cost. I'm thinking of just going with cutouts. Push the button and instant trauma
On the same page as you, when my truck arrives. I plan to do a cutout dump before the resonator and mufflers. I am also planning to swap out the stock muffler for a mild/moderate sound muffler. This way I can flip a switch to have my truck switch from a loud aggressive sound to a mild (but still louder than stock) sound.

dpatt711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Just had a local installer, install a Magnaflow.......sounds great!
Same, they just chopped the old stuff out and welded in new pipe. ezpz took them 2 hours

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Hmmm, lets see, Borla and Solo are 2 that have complete systems that bolt right in. These are just 2 of the top of my head
Complete set? Cat back or real dual exhaust? Still cant find those.

Sponsored

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with some goodies, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Velocity Blue (ordered)
Occupation
designer
cat-back, I know that SOLO has dual side exits past the rear wheels

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Going to quote myself from another thread here:

Thankfully, I’m not getting bored watching god knows how many exhaust videos.

Unfortunately, I still can’t decide on which one to get ?

I’m starting to lean this direction, obviously do the performance connection into true dual.

https://stainlessworks.net/header-2015-f-150-5l/

They aren’t that far from me either so I may do an in person visit.

I have a Flat 6 in the garage that already wakes the neighborhood, so I’d much prefer the Coyote only make it’s presence known when it’s working hard.
Stainlessworks doesn’t explicitly say that the header/cat system will fit the 21s/22s, but I’d wager it will and the performance connection would enable a true dual exhaust setup.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I put a Flowmaster FlowFX 71229 on my truck... I really like it, under 1500 rpms it's basically stock, you really cant hear it. 2,000 plus and you know it there; I cant hear the engine sounds anymore. The exhaust will crackle and pop if you want it too, since its a straight through design. I can hear my truck inside on a cold start now. I keep the stock resonator because it's a straight through design now. It has zero effect on performance and only removes the awful (imo) raspy overhead cam/high rpm sound.

If you want louder, but not Borla or MBRP loud, get the flowmaster flowfx 71419. My goal was old man status but old school deep, and it is nearly perfect....not quite loud enough and not quite deep enough, but nothing would ever be 'perfect.'
Is that part# for just the muffler?

I am not looking for anything but a muffler swap.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Maybe in another post already, but if you are wanting to replace just the muffler, probably hard since there is a hanging bracket on the muffler , most aftermarket ones don't have one since they are meant to fit many different vehicles

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe in another post already, but if you are wanting to replace just the muffler, probably hard since there is a hanging bracket on the muffler , most aftermarket ones don't have one since they are meant to fit many different vehicles

There are tons of cat backs that use the stock hanger locations. It is my personal opinion that those are a waste. I just want the sound without the extra parts. Neither are gonna improve performance, so why replace more than the muffler?

But these manufactuters want to make more money of course, so sell the kit only. Just looking for one that offers just the muffler w/o kit.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 5.0, 2013 Corvette GS, 2020 Jetta S
I ran the MagnaFlow D-Fit muffler set up. It bolts directly to the resonator and reuses the factory tailpipe. It sounded great but has a slight drone when cylinder deactivation kicked in. I tried to get used to it but just put the factory exhaust back on. Once I snap some pics I will put it up on this site for sale.

DocBach

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
RN
Does anybody know how to order Ford Performance parts? It looks like they've got a part number for the dual rear exhaust Ford-branded Borla kits, but there's no way to actually order it from their site. None of the vendors I've seen appear to carry the kits on their sites, just the regular Borla ones.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I ran the MagnaFlow D-Fit muffler set up. It bolts directly to the resonator and reuses the factory tailpipe. It sounded great but has a slight drone when cylinder deactivation kicked in. I tried to get used to it but just put the factory exhaust back on. Once I snap some pics I will put it up on this site for sale.
I dont plan on letting the cylinder deactivation turn on. I will just keep it in tow or sport mode.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 5.0, 2013 Corvette GS, 2020 Jetta S
I dont plan on letting the cylinder deactivation turn on. I will just keep it in tow or sport mode.
I tried doing that as often as I could but the shift strategies became annoying in both modes. Sounded great though!!

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I saw a video comparing dual-wall exhaust tips to single wall and the dual-wall was slightly more throaty or mellow or whatever you call it. They look better also to me.
Sponsored