Sponsored

Is There No Aftermarket Mufflers For The 2021 F150's?

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
Hope it wasn’t with the windows up and you’re referring to the in cab sound because it’s just sound being pumped into the speakers especially on sport mode (it’s louder in sport mode even though it’s not an active exhaust) lol. Sounds super good until you realize it’s just augmented sound and not the real exhaust sound ? Ford is playing mind tricks with us haha
It's not just ford, chevy and other manufacturers are doing it as well
Sponsored

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday I put my truck in Sport mode and punched it with the windows down and it sounded mean. I went in a store and came out and punched it again and it was not as loud so I thought "why"? I saw that I was in Normal mode therefore the difference. I contacted the Car Pro USA guy and he did not know if the 5.0 trucks had the computer sound enhancement

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I just got a reply from the dealership I bought my truck on the piped in exhaust on 5.0 trucks and the rep who has 21 years of selling Fords says the 5.0 equipped trucks do not pipe in sound, only the eco boost trucks do.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I just got a reply from the dealership I bought my truck on the piped in exhaust on 5.0 trucks and the rep who has 21 years of selling Fords says the 5.0 equipped trucks do not pipe in sound, only the eco boost trucks do.
I don't think the 5.0 has the sound piped in or added via the speakers. I looked in Forscan and couldnt find anything in the AMC. Doesnt mean I missed something though...

Back on topic, Im still searching for the deepest tone I can find...

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Yesterday I put my truck in Sport mode and punched it with the windows down and it sounded mean. I went in a store and came out and punched it again and it was not as loud so I thought "why"? I saw that I was in Normal mode therefore the difference. I contacted the Car Pro USA guy and he did not know if the 5.0 trucks had the computer sound enhancement
Same here! This is the only thing that made me suspect that we had fake exhaust sound. The tone and loudness change when switching modes even though we don't have an adjustable/active exhaust. It should sound the same when I get on it no matter what mode I'm in but that's not the case so I strongly believe we do have it regardless of what anyone tells us lol. Who knows, they may have just snuck it into the V8 models this year and no one knows about it yet.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Maybe the best way to tell is to get in the truck bed and have a friend drive while you listen in regular mode then Sport mode.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I don't think the 5.0 has the sound piped in or added via the speakers. I looked in Forscan and couldnt find anything in the AMC. Doesnt mean I missed something though...

Back on topic, Im still searching for the deepest tone I can find...
Deepest tone take a look at the Roush but it coast $945.99 while the MBRP XP Series is $589.99. Check out the Flowmaster Series 50 Delta model for deep tone and very little interior noise. The MBRP is aluminum not stainless. No way of knowing how loud the Roush is so I will avoid and the MBRP I looked at is rated Moderate.

Last edited:
OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Had a custom Magna Flow installed and exactly what I was looking for! No highway drone, doesn't wake the neighbors with the blat,blat,blat sound and sounds like a V8 when you get on it!
Which One?! Not one person has stated which Magna Flow there are many to choose from

Last edited:

Sash

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ram1500
can anyone be nice enough to take a video of inside the truck driving and show us what it sound like when the cylinder deactivation come on?

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
can anyone be nice enough to take a video of inside the truck driving and show us what it sound like when the cylinder deactivation come on?
From what I have read you can't hear or feel a difference

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
From what I have read you can't hear or feel a difference
With a different exhaust you forsure can hear the difference. Stock it’s not noticeable but once you change out to something louder you can hear when it kicks on.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
I’ll try to get one for you, I only have a muffler delete but you can still notice when it’s happen. It’s not bad at all and might not be noticeable on video though.

Last edited:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
With a different exhaust you forsure can hear the difference. Stock it’s not noticeable but once you change out to something louder you can hear when it kicks on.

Barely noticeable 3:30 minute mark

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran

Barely noticeable 3:30 minute mark
Hard to capture on video especially with how insulated the interior cabin is but in person you can definitely notice when it kicks on. It’s not bad by any means but it’s a slightly different tone. Best way I can describe the sound is a very droning deep tone when it’s in 4 cyclinder mode.
Sponsored