XLT Power Folding Mirrors Retrofit - How To

CarbonizedBrandon21

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Oxford White Lariat
Well, I may cry. Finally got everything done and the drivers door motor doesn't seem like it wants to turn the fold. It won't go long enough to fully rotate and engage the mirror and its very weak. Not making an odd noises, just won't do anything. I've tried the reset procedure and nothing. It just doesn't seem like its getting enough power to it. I verified my wiring from the boosted harness and it was correct. As long as it was labeled correct, I installed it correct. Plus the mirror is very very loose in both opened and closed position. Concerned I may be out some money. Atleast I'm only $950 in it for the whole project. Maybe I can atleast recoupe some of the passenger side.....

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well, I may cry. Finally got everything done and the drivers door motor doesn't seem like it wants to turn the fold. It won't go long enough to fully rotate and engage the mirror and its very weak. Not making an odd noises, just won't do anything. I've tried the reset procedure and nothing. It just doesn't seem like its getting enough power to it. I verified my wiring from the boosted harness and it was correct. As long as it was labeled correct, I installed it correct. Plus the mirror is very very loose in both opened and closed position. Concerned I may be out some money. Atleast I'm only $950 in it for the whole project. Maybe I can atleast recoupe some of the passenger side.....
Oh no, that's discouraging, maybe you can get the mirror repaired.

Sponsored

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Question, what makes you think you don't have them? They only work when the rear defrost is on. Its part of the same circuit
That's interesting. Why do you think you have defrost on yours? Was it listed somewhere or do you have proof somehow?
A couple of reasons, I observed them and they did not defrost and melt the snow when the back window defrost button was pressed.
There is no heat symbol on the mirrors anywhere
it does not say I have heated mirrors on my window sticker
I have the 302A package with almost every option, moon roof, max tow, sport appearance, fx4, adaptive cruise, but just plain old "manual fold mirrors. A lot of guys have said the max tow comes with trailer mirrors and mine did not. I am either mistaken or ford just pulled the rug on me.

CarbonizedBrandon21

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Oxford White Lariat
You have heated mirrors my dude. Its not overly heated like the rear window. Like it clears my dew and fog in the morning. Its no where near the same as the back window style. Ive taken my mirrors apart enough to verify lol. You may be assuming they will do more than they do. Im not sure they are designed to melt snow

CarbonizedBrandon21

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Oxford White Lariat
Also. Power fold only comes on lariat and above. Im happy with my 302a. Everything I need minus garage door opener

Sponsored

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
You have heated mirrors my dude. Its not overly heated like the rear window. Like it clears my dew and fog in the morning. Its no where near the same as the back window style. Ive taken my mirrors apart enough to verify lol. You may be assuming they will do more than they do. Im not sure they are designed to melt snow
They must be pretty weak.. and yea the garage door opener missing just makes no sense.
I came from a 2017 4runner so its way ahead of those trucks but, the defrost worked great, had a garage door opener and never had a single recall since it was old school.

I agree though, the only thing I am actually disappointed in is the power folding missing.. Did not think that I would care but, I will be addressing that.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's interesting. Why do you think you have defrost on yours? Was it listed somewhere or do you have proof somehow?
A couple of reasons, I observed them and they did not defrost and melt the snow when the back window defrost button was pressed.
I have the 302A package with almost every option, moon roof, max tow, sport appearance, fx4, adaptive cruise, but just plain old "manual fold mirrors. A lot of guys have said the max tow comes with trailer mirrors and mine did not. I am either mistaken or ford just pulled the rug on me.
Funny the Lariat mirrors I bought don't show a heat symbol on them either but I know Lariats are definitely heated. As for max tow package and mirrors the trailer mirrors are a stand alone option.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now I'm thinking you may be right, check out this page from the owners manual. It clearly shows a button to push to turn on the heated mirrors, I can find this button nowhere on my truck.

Attachments

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Now I'm thinking you may be right, check out this page from the owners manual. It clearly shows a button to push to turn on the heated mirrors, I can find this button nowhere on my truck.
Yeah I don’t have that heated mirror button anywhere.. just rear glass.
And I stand by them not warming up to clear any form of water off my mirrors..
That’s why I was curious if when you add the lariat mirrors that are heated do you then get heat when you turn on the rear glass.. ?

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah I don’t have that heated mirror button anywhere.. just rear glass.
And I stand by them not warming up to clear any form of water off my mirrors..
That’s why I was curious if when you add the lariat mirrors that are heated do you then get heat when you turn on the rear glass.. ?
I never turned on the heated mirrors before installing the Lariat mirrors but I checked the other day and the rear window defrost does indeed turn on the heated mirrors. I'm sure my XLT had the heated mirrors as Forscan already showed my truck had heated mirrors enabled.
Sponsored