Sponsored

Won't shift out of park while plugged into ProPower.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
When I first got my 2021 job #1 Powerboost I could use my Pro power bed outlets while driving. Now if anything is plugged into the outlets it won't shift out of park. I can leave the pro power on and it will shift, but as soon as I plug anything into the 110 bed outlets it won't shift. Was this an OTA update or do I have another issue?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hmmmmm

I guess it's possible.
But there are a lot of folks who are going to be surprised if it's an OTA update and Ford nixed ProPower while rolling.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Hmmmmm

I guess it's possible.
But there are a lot of folks who are going to be surprised if it's an OTA update and Ford nixed ProPower while rolling.
That would really suck if that was an OTA update. I had planned to take a trip this summer and wanted to keep my electric cooler in the bed plugged in. I’m unable to check it out now since I’m out of the country till next week.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
You're not crazy!

We had the same problem for a while last spring with our 2021 PB.

PPoB while driving worked great fall of 2021. Then spring of 2022 we had the same problem you are experiencing.

We had to put the truck in neutral before connecting our trailer to the PPoB. And once you do connect, don't open the drivers door as the truck automatically goes into park. Then you get to start all over again. Which of course we did multiple times.

Thankfully, there was an OTA update before our next road trip, and the problem went away.

Sorry, but I don't remember which update it was. Also, I am assuming the OTA fixed the problem - I have no way of knowing for sure.

What version is your truck at?

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
You're not crazy!

We had the same problem for a while last spring with our 2021 PB.

PPoB while driving worked great fall of 2021. Then spring of 2022 we had the same problem you are experiencing.

We had to put the truck in neutral before connecting our trailer to the PPoB. And once you do connect, don't open the drivers door as the truck automatically goes into park. Then you get to start all over again. Which of course we did multiple times.

Thankfully, there was an OTA update before our next road trip, and the problem went away.

Sorry, but I don't remember which update it was. Also, I am assuming the OTA fixed the problem - I have no way of knowing for sure.

What version is your truck at?
I'm at 2.7.3. I haven't gotten an OTA since Oct. 22. Hoping Ford gets their OTA's straighten out for all us 2021 Job #1 owners.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Have you seen this thread?

My best guess is one of these two OTAs fixed this problem on our truck:

2.7.4 on 06.22.22​
2.8.1 on 07.07.22​

Also, this might be the problem that forces your dealer to manually get your truck updated. IIRC, no power draw was needed, just having something plugged into a PPoB receptacle would lock the shifter.
My truck was one of the ones that couldn't get updates. The dealer fixed it in June 22. I got caught up too 2.7.3 on 31 Oct.22 but nothing since. Ford OTA's need to show a little love to those of us that are behind on OTA's due to the initial OTA problems but have been repaired.
Sponsored