Hybrid Battery Fell Out While Driving

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Like the title says, my hybrid battery fell out on the highway while cruising at about 70mph. Somehow the truck kept going and was able to be stopped safely, but a few cars behind me veered off into the woods and ignited into one massive fireball. Instead of calling 911 while sitting stranded on the side of the road, I sent @Ford Motor Company a DM with my VIN. An hour later, a Ford flatbed showed up with a brand new 2023 Lariat Powerboost, and it included every feature that had previously been deleted! Bed camera, front camera washer, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, temps in dials, and even fully adjustable front dash vents! (Did I miss anything?) Anyway, the flatbed loaded up my old truck, backed up a few hundred feet, and simply dumped it into the raging inferno caused by my dearly departed battery. The cops then showed up, told me not to worry about anything, and sent me on my way.

Moral of the story, @Ford Motor Company DOES care about customer service!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
thebigdu

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh and the new truck has fully adjustable front headrests and all cupholers have fingers. I knew I missed a few things...

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Happy April Fools!!!!

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I actually don’t think they took care of you that well given your troubles. When mine burst into flames yesterday they dropped off the next generation Lightning in my driveway after giving me a helicopter ride back to my house. 500 horsepower and 1,500 lb ft of torque with a 700 mile range. I’d take pics but Ford asked me to keep it quiet for now :)

OP
OP
thebigdu

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I actually don’t think they took care of you that well given your troubles. When mine burst into flames yesterday they dropped off the next generation Lightning in my driveway after giving me a helicopter ride back to my house. 500 horsepower and 1,500 lb ft of torque with a 700 mile range. I’d take pics but Ford asked me to keep it quiet for now :)
Well played

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Nothing was actually wrong with the truck. Just needed a ride to it.

Ford F-150 Hybrid Battery Fell Out While Driving 20230401_132531

Good thing the Powerboost started, because they barely even spooled down and then left me without making sure my battery was working.

Ford F-150 Hybrid Battery Fell Out While Driving 20230401_092224

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
Nothing was actually wrong with the truck. Just needed a ride to it.

20230401_132531.jpg

Good thing the Powerboost started, because they barely even spooled down and then left me without making sure my battery was working.

20230401_092224.jpg
Makes me think of "the lady".. Airwolf.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's a Bell 430
Airwolf I think was a Bell 222?

I'm really not an aircraft nerd myself, but have worked for an Aviation company for 25 years. Eventually some of it rubs off.

The chopper is convenient though!
Takes short minutes to get there from here. :)

Sponsored

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
Airwolf…..awesome

can still hear the music playing

blast from the past

OP
OP
thebigdu

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C'mon guys, you're derailing my very serious thread...

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Like the title says, my hybrid battery fell out on the highway while cruising at about 70mph. Somehow the truck kept going and was able to be stopped safely, but a few cars behind me veered off into the woods and ignited into one massive fireball. Instead of calling 911 while sitting stranded on the side of the road, I sent @Ford Motor Company a DM with my VIN. An hour later, a Ford flatbed showed up with a brand new 2023 Lariat Powerboost, and it included every feature that had previously been deleted! Bed camera, front camera washer, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, temps in dials, and even fully adjustable front dash vents! (Did I miss anything?) Anyway, the flatbed loaded up my old truck, backed up a few hundred feet, and simply dumped it into the raging inferno caused by my dearly departed battery. The cops then showed up, told me not to worry about anything, and sent me on my way.

Moral of the story, @Ford Motor Company DOES care about customer service!
Happy april fools day
Sponsored