Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
yeah, I figured if you really needed a bumper with a winch, that's your only likely option at the moment.

Unless of course you've got extra cash laying around and know a good fabricator!!

OP
OP

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol yep. I emailed ADD and they said "soon" which feels like a couple months at most...

yeah, I figured if you really needed a bumper with a winch, that's your only likely option at the moment.

Unless of course you've got extra cash laying around and know a good fabricator!!

Sponsored

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Contacted RoadArmor back in November. They were not working on anything yet but planned to once they got ahold of a ‘21 to mock up. If they had one ready now it would be sitting in my shop waiting for the truck to arrive!! After having a 3 year old explorer totaled out because of a deer & around $17K in INTERIOR damage, I want to protect all these up front coolers with something robust!

Plan to wait for theirs to be on the market, they make an excellent product! Paired with another Warn Zeon Platinum, the wireless remote with clutch disengagement is VERY nice on a tucked away winch.

I was worried about the active air dam being an issue if removed, happy to read @M4X had no problem or codes showing up with it unplugged.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
Looks nice. I like the full guard version.
However there’s a note that it’s not compatible with the diesel. I called them to see what the issue was. She said they did buy a 2021 gas to design it, but the 2018-20 3.0 PS with this bumper will throw a code for air flow issues. They don’t have a diesel to R&D a way around this problem yet.

OP
OP

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks nice. I like the full guard version.
However there’s a note that it’s not compatible with the diesel. I called them to see what the issue was. She said they did buy a 2021 gas to design it, but the 2018-20 3.0 PS with this bumper will throw a code for air flow issues. They don’t have a diesel to R&D a way around this problem yet.
Is this "Full Guard" ?

X4552_v2_web.jpg

Do you know which is the "pre-runner guard?"

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
It looks like they are present on the full guard, probably an option on any model. Just have to ask ??

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Has anyone seen a winch-compatible bumper yet for the 2021 F150? I know ADD will be coming out with one (https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/) but it's not ready yet. Any others people are aware of?
Unless I got confused, I think I saw a YouTube with a guy's f250 Tremor that had a very OEM looking bumper with a winch set up. Anyone know if that can be installed on my 3.5L EB supercrew?

cornishrooster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Unless I got confused, I think I saw a YouTube with a guy's f250 Tremor that had a very OEM looking bumper with a winch set up. Anyone know if that can be installed on my 3.5L EB supercrew?
Rough Country makes an F150 hidden winch mount but they claim that it only works with v8. Apparently you can relocate the intercooler for the ecoboost with a special kit and make it work but I haven't found any tutorials yet.
Sponsored