Wi-Fi connectivity

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2020 Explorer ST
I’m having an issue with Sync updates and I think I have tracked it to wi-fi connectivity. My truck will connect to my network but only for a very short time. If I start the truck it will reconnect but most sync updates require the truck to be off if I’m not mistaken. So there lies my problem. It keeps disconnecting so my downloads keep failing from what I can tell. It looks like I’m supposed to be getting 2.6.0 can someone tell me if that is correct? VIN 1FTFW1E82MFB07129. Has someone had this issue and if so, how did you correct it? I don’t want to take it back to the dealership AGAIN. They had it 10 days last time. Thanks!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’m having an issue with Sync updates and I think I have tracked it to wi-fi connectivity. My truck will connect to my network but only for a very short time. If I start the truck it will reconnect but most sync updates require the truck to be off if I’m not mistaken. So there lies my problem. It keeps disconnecting so my downloads keep failing from what I can tell. It looks like I’m supposed to be getting 2.6.0 can someone tell me if that is correct? VIN 1FTFW1E82MFB07129. Has someone had this issue and if so, how did you correct it? I don’t want to take it back to the dealership AGAIN. They had it 10 days last time. Thanks!
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Park where it has good cell reception.... I have good wifi in my garage, but only seem to get updates when parked outside where cell reception is better

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Another option is a wifi extender I had to add one for my pellet smoker and now the truck has better access as well.

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
Another option is a wifi extender I had to add one for my pellet smoker and now the truck has better access as well.
Must also have a Traeger? I haven't got an extender yet but I moved my router in to the window so I can get reception outside on the truck. Yesterday while my truck was at the dealer update 2.7.3 failed and said it would try again. Now it's just gone...

Sponsored

rockfish

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
IT Security
Same issue on my 2022 Powerboost. WiFi never stays on, I can manually connect and it works, but then every time I check it, it needs to be enabled again.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Wi-Fi has not now or ever been required for updates. You need good AT&T cell service where you are parked.

I've watched my truck sitting in my driveway download updates. First thing it does is disconnect from WiFi.

Be sure you have good signal, connect truck to battery charger. Most often updates will fail because of battery level. It is a pain that many have experienced and jump through hoops to get it to work.

Edit: Just noticed this is 2022 thread brought back up. 🤦‍♂️

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I am not sure what your concern is. You have one of the cleanest OTA histories I have seen on any truck. Every OTA you have gotten in the past 6 months has gone through without a snag and your truck has the latest Sync version. You got 4.3.5 ten days ago. What makes you think you are on 2.6.0?

As was mentioned before, not a single OTA released thus far for our trucks require wifi to download. Your truck is completely up to date as far as Power Up OTA's go.

Ford F-150 Wi-Fi connectivity Picture11

OP
OP
Lite4d

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am not sure what your concern is. You have one of the cleanest OTA histories I have seen on any truck. Every OTA you have gotten in the past 6 months has gone through without a snag and your truck has the latest Sync version. You got 4.3.5 ten days ago. What makes you think you are on 2.6.0?

As was mentioned before, not a single OTA released thus far for our trucks require wifi to download. Your truck is completely up to date as far as Power Up OTA's go.

Picture11.png
Ruge, that post was several months ago when I couldn’t get anything to update. Once I got the APIM replaced, everything has worked as advertised. I can’t complain.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ruge, that post was several months ago when I couldn’t get anything to update. Once I got the APIM replaced, everything has worked as advertised. I can’t complain.
Oh sh*t. I didn't notice the date of the OP. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lite4d

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles