Sponsored

Whipple stage 2 ( rattle noise )

NAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 5.0 10r80
Does the sound look normal many people said normal noise and say whipple supercharger making noise

Sponsored

Last edited:

whizkidder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502
Occupation
Retired
Hard to hear in the posted video. Roots blowers often rattle a bit (usually at idle when slight variations in belt speed cause the small clearance between the rotor gears to tap against each other), but if the rattle is pronounced, and IMHO, persists at engine speeds above idle, there could be a bearing or other problem. Are you sure the noise is coming from the blower? I'd try to isolate the source with a automotive stethoscope to be sure.

OP
OP
NAM

NAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 5.0 10r80
Hard to hear in the posted video. Roots blowers often rattle a bit (usually at idle when slight variations in belt speed cause the small clearance between the rotor gears to tap against each other), but if the rattle is pronounced, and IMHO, persists at engine speeds above idle, there could be a bearing or other problem. Are you sure the noise is coming from the blower? I'd try to isolate the source with a automotive stethoscope to be sure.
Im sure it comes from blower but I don’t know i ask 5 performance garage say the sound normal and Whipple noisy

Sponsored

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Yea it’s normal, I’ve had 5 of these superchargers and they all had varying little noises. If you look at cleetus macfarland you tube he installed a 3.8 in his raptor and you could clearly hear the rattle when they started it up. I went stage 1R this time vs the stage 2 as I was annoyed by the whistle from the large throttle body off idle.
Sponsored