Sponsored

VDM module SUSPENSION PROGRAMMING: making the ride FIRM in Normal mode.....

OP
OP

billkran

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LIMITED 3.5EB
Occupation
RETIRED
OK, something changed in my software to allow me to access the Kg values.
Not sure what happened, but there it was in the VDM moduel:

2022 Limited 3.5
Curb weight = 715kg
Curb weight = 1598

It now allows me to double click on each value and change them.

I tried changing to 900 / 1984 : almost like 'sport' mode suspension, but just slightly softer

Then I tried changing to 990 / 2183: now it is halfway between the feel in 'sport' mode and the feel you get when you unplug the right rear shock sensor. It's very firm, but not too harsh !

Fantastic!

Combined with a rear sway (in transit) this car should actualy go around corners and over speed bumps like it was relatively normal !

Thank you Bruce for introducin me to the process !
Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
OK, something changed in my software to allow me to access the Kg values.
Not sure what happened, but there it was in the VDM moduel:

2022 Limited 3.5
Curb weight = 715kg
Curb weight = 1598

It now allows me to double click on each value and change them.

I tried changing to 900 / 1984 : almost like 'sport' mode suspension, but just slightly softer

Then I tried changing to 990 / 2183: now it is halfway between the feel in 'sport' mode and the feel you get when you unplug the right rear shock sensor. It's very firm, but not too harsh !

Fantastic!

Combined with a rear sway (in transit) this car should actualy go around corners and over speed bumps like it was relatively normal !

Thank you Bruce for introducin me to the process !
is that 990 just for the front? Or did you adjust the rear as well?

OP
OP

billkran

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LIMITED 3.5EB
Occupation
RETIRED
is that 990 just for the front? Or did you adjust the rear as well?
It is a 'curb weight' adjustment.
It affects front and rear at the same time
You cannot adjust front and rear separately.
Essentially what you are doing is telling the computer that the curb weight of the truck has changed, and that it needs to compensate for that.

I also added a 1" lowering shackle and sway bar in the rear, and now I can drive with one hand on the freeway. Before it took two hands, constantly overcorrecting to stay in the lane.

It still rides HORRIBLE for a modern vehicle, but it's much better.

Ford should be very ashamed of themselves for deliverying such a terribly set up vehicle.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
It is a 'curb weight' adjustment.
It affects front and rear at the same time
You cannot adjust front and rear separately.
Essentially what you are doing is telling the computer that the curb weight of the truck has changed, and that it needs to compensate for that.

I also added a 1" lowering shackle and sway bar in the rear, and now I can drive with one hand on the freeway. Before it took two hands, constantly overcorrecting to stay in the lane.

It still rides HORRIBLE for a modern vehicle, but it's much better.

Ford should be very ashamed of themselves for deliverying such a terribly set up vehicle.
so did you just change the “02EE” and leave the “020D” the same? Or did you change a different value?

Sponsored

OP
OP

billkran

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LIMITED 3.5EB
Occupation
RETIRED
so did you just change the “02EE” and leave the “020D” the same? Or did you change a different value?
When you get to the proper module, there will be no tables, just a 'value' box that you can change.

nrs1417

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedtion
What year model is your truck and have you ever had anyone check your VIN for PCM updates?

A 2021-2022(Job1) truck will be helped noticeably by the improvements in drivability that the multiple PCM updates that Ford has released since the earlier builds. On the Powerboost the refinements are wonderful.

You might also try unplugging the rear driver's side CCD shock and see if you aren't just happier with the maximum damping setting full time?

I find it tempting to do if I wasn't going to go through the fuss of "tuning" the VDM and modifying the suspension physically. (RAS/Antisway bars/etc)

How would we go about looking for PCM updates?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
How would we go about looking for PCM updates?
If you are fortunate enough to have a truck that receives OTA updates successfully, you are getting the multiple PCM updates that have been released since 2021 Job1 trucks shipped.
If not, you would need to manually install using FDRS. (view the infamous FDRS thread for all you could ever want to know regarding)

Micasa1639

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platnium, 2017 BMW 540I xDrive
Occupation
Pilot
I just updated my vdm to red 990 and 2183 and it is a great change! Next step it a rear sway bar but these values will be great for now.
Thanks for all the hard work and trial and error!!!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Good job!

Just curious if your factory Asbuilt values for your truck was the same as the values I posted?

Surely a 157" KingRanch should have different values than a lighter or heavier F150?
Sponsored