First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I read in some vehicles you can lower your windows by pressing the OPEN button on the fob then pressing again for 1o seconds. Then after the window is partially down you can lower it further by pressing again. It does not work on my truck. Has anyone tried this?
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I read in some vehicles you can lower your windows by pressing the OPEN button on the fob then pressing again for 1o seconds. Then after the window is partially down you can lower it further by pressing again. It does not work on my truck. Has anyone tried this?
You can program your fob to do it...I believe using forscan. I have used forscan and seen the feature in the forscan thread but have not tried myself.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I hope this can't be used to steal vehicles.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
This feature came stock in my very entry level GMC Sierra truck in 2020 that I got rid off. Ford can easily add it...I don't know why they don't. 20 years ago, Honda Odyssey minivan could do this with the ignition key in the driver's door. Sigh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
This feature came stock in my very entry level GMC Sierra truck in 2020 that I got rid off. Ford can easily add it...I don't know why they don't. In 20 years ago, Honda Odyssey minivan could do this with the ignition key in the driver's door.
Wife's Bronco Sport can do it....

The key in the door thing? My '03 Accord did that. As did my Jaguar.... which was an '88......

In the Jag if you kept holding the key after the windows rolled down, the sunroof would open.
Can't recall if my Accord did the sunroof thing too.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
It is available to change in forscan. It's called global windows. Ignore the green highlight, it was on my list of mods to make.

1707842211215.png
I did and love this but on my 2022 Lariat SuperCab it only works on the front door windows.

Interesting that to unlock and open windows it requires the 'double tap' as described in the spreadsheet, but a single push-and-hold will both lock the doors and close the windows (avoiding the confirming horn beep).

MattV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS-V, 2023 RCSB F150
It is available to change in forscan. It's called global windows. Ignore the green highlight, it was on my list of mods to make.

1707842211215.png
Yep; I added it last weekend to my XLT via this forscan change. Nice feature!
Sponsored