• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Hopefully not like the Broncos sitting!
1645649258823.png
Off topic, but I don't really understand the angst about letting trucks sitting outside for chip holds. Until recently, most of us were buying vehicles that had been sitting on dealer lots for months at a time.
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It seems like only Lariat ER and Platinum are in production? I'm wave 2 XLT SR and mine isn't scheduled yet.

This is exactly what I assumed would happen. I can't fault a business for making its higher margined trucks first and having the most impressive looking trucks be the first on the road to generate more interest. My original estimate for my XLT SR was September/October, it still looks possible if the first wave of showcase trucks are getting made in April/May.

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Wave 3, ordered 2/3/2022, lariat er spray bed liner, from california, production 5/16 plus approx. 8-12 weeks for delivery, equals, 20-24 weeks, estimate given by ford.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I'm wave 2 XLT SR and mine isn't scheduled yet.
No XLTs yet.

And based on my review of the dates April-May are all "filled" with Lariats and Platinum's, so earliest build dates may be late May-Early June for XLTs. Based on my understanding Ford won't try to build an XLT/Pro model in-between the Lariat's and Platinum's.

I think Pioneer74 said ford was trying to get ~1k built a week to start with... So realistically that should cover most -- if not all --- of April/May for Platinum's and Lariat's (~8K+ built).

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I'm scheduled for week of 5/2. I was going to dump the smoke quartz metallic add and spray in liner to get MSRP (with destination) under the $80k "magic number" based on the late price change of the max tow option. Is that impossible now?

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I'm scheduled for week of 5/2. I was going to dump the smoke quartz metallic add and spray in liner to get MSRP (with destination) under the $80k "magic number" based on the late price change of the max tow option. Is that impossible now?
Really doesn't matter, there is no magical 80K number. Those EV credit changes died last year and they are not going to be resurrected unless democrats somehow managed to hold on to the house/senate and add 2 more senators. Which is about a 01% chance in my book.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Really doesn't matter, there is no magical 80K number. Those EV credit changes died last year and they are not going to be resurrected unless democrats somehow managed to hold on to the house/senate and add 2 more senators. Which is about a 01% chance in my book.
Mostly agree, and even if some new law with that language is passed in 2022 it probably wouldn't take affect until Jan 1 2023 I suppose. I really want the smoked quartz so maybe I'll just take as a sign from above.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Hopefully they keep rolling out the build dates. I have a wave 3 Lariat ER and no movement yet on the order page other than order accepted by dealer.

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I'm ok with a July 4th build date on my SR :)

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Off topic, but I don't really understand the angst about letting trucks sitting outside for chip holds. Until recently, most of us were buying vehicles that had been sitting on dealer lots for months at a time.
Well, workers need to feed their families and Ford calculated when the parts with the chips come in, they can be installed on a 99% finished product. Additional bonus, I don't have a bunch of shoppers scratching, getting in and out with dirty shoes, boots etc;.. Doing the best they can impacting everyone the least.

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Beans
Today at 11:33 AM
4/18/22 for me...awesome! This might really happen.
1/7/22 order date.

this is the earliest I’ve seem so far on scheduled production. Anyone else earlier than 4/18?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Wave 1, 5/19 reserve, 1/6 order, Lariat + but a build date of 5/23. Is it the spray in or the max towing that is driving the early builds? I have neither.

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ford F-150 Lightning UPDATE: Lightning Build Date Scheduling Begins! Mine for the week of 4/25/22 [previously scheduled 5/2/22]! BB57AB03-4B73-4C87-AD67-086926FEC5EF_4_5005_c

Mine too is scheduled for 05/02 build week!!

02862 - That's a low vin!
Sponsored