Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i am in NO WAY an expert or even a 2nd level apprentice on this stuff
my truck was built nov 2021, it did get a big update in april when i bought it, as well as tbc recall
and july they had it logged in, but not sure if anything was downloaded.
when the tire pressure thing went bad in a tire
and i know i saw one small update or something in june as the display had the update icon

i did get the last OTA update in sept, i have no idea what was in that packet, except it must have been pretty substantial
i only discovered i could load the new unreal engine and climate items after i saw livinitup spreadsheet and his pics with directions
jesse above also gave me guidance as did a few others.
i will see what my sync says this morning on version.

i cannot get the heritage splash, but everything else seems to be "IN THERE"
and i cannot get front camera at speed. thats not a priority, but was looking to see if it worked.

i thank all the smart folks here that delve down and dissect the updates to see what is available and if it helps us
without them...?? we would be walking

i am sure ford is watching and adjusting to ensure our user experience is grand 🤗
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
The 75th Anniversary splash is part of the 3.5.3/SYNC 22228 update. Jesse discovered it after going over that package.

"Unreal" and "Lightning Climate" aren't mutually exclusive. You can enable Unreal and not do the Lightning Climate, so the HOME button is not the only indicator.
One thing I'm not happy about is that the home button is not present unless you add the climate bar (the home screen all together is not available as far as I know). I like the home button/screen (it's akin to what I had in my 2017 where I had multiple things on the home screen), but I don't like the climate bar. It's redundant to me as I have full control just below it. I would rather just have the the screen real-estate back :(

But you know what they say. You can want in one and hand Sh!t in the other and guess which one is gonna fill up first?

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
The 75th Anniversary splash is part of the 3.5.3/SYNC 22228 update. Jesse discovered it after going over that package.

"Unreal" and "Lightning Climate" aren't mutually exclusive. You can enable Unreal and not do the Lightning Climate, so the HOME button is not the only indicator.

Ahhh.... so the "Home" button is part of the "Lightning Climate" change and not part of the Unreal Theme.

So... I am hearing that the only way to really tell if I am have the Unreal theme is to stare and compare with the setting on and off. (BTW... that is a perfectly fine answer... especially if it's a different rendering engine. I believe I read someplace that it's like the difference between HD and SD). I will be "flipping the bit" back to standard mode and see if I see a difference, like Bruce said... it's a 2 minute change.

And I think that I am just being a little impatient when it comes to"Lightning Climate" and the splash screens. Hopefully they will roll in soon with the next OTA!

I the meantime... THANKS to everyone for putting up with my questions and offering some guidance.

@Snakebitten, @powerboatr, @Jesse-Infotainment, @hotrodmex ... y'all are awesome!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
my current sync version
and from my old screen the HOME button is absent.
hope jessie can make heads or tails form my sync updates and version to help the team here

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls sync version oct 18

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
But you know what they say. You can want in one and hand Sh!t in the other and guess which one is gonna fill up first?
- great song by Green Day makes mention of that (y)

Sponsored

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
New Question....who's going to post pics for all the versions of Splash Screens? :ROFLMAO::LOL:

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
my current sync version
and from my old screen the HOME button is absent.
hope jessie can make heads or tails form my sync updates and version to help the team here

sync version oct 18.jpg
Ok... I give up... this makes no sense unless it's a more specific module version rather than a whole sync version. Your Sync version is OLDER than mine. :-D

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Where do I find what “power up” or whatever version I’m on? I see people saying 3.5.2 or whatever. Where would I see that? I can see my sync version which is stuck on 22215 if memory serves. And I’m not sure what the revision is maybe 428. Thanks!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Ok... I give up... this makes no sense unless it's a more specific module version rather than a whole sync version. Your Sync version is OLDER than mine. :-D
i know.its very bizarre

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Where do I find what “power up” or whatever version I’m on? I see people saying 3.5.2 or whatever. Where would I see that? I can see my sync version which is stuck on 22215 if memory serves. And I’m not sure what the revision is maybe 428. Thanks!
The easiest place I have found is in the FordPass app:

Features & Settings -> Software Updates -> Recent Changes:

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls CBAA36A1-74C7-49E7-AE1D-010CF49F3DE2_1_102_o
Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls 1DF5B525-ABB8-4685-B94C-CBCE4CE0A367_1_102_o

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
The easiest place I have found is in the FordPass app:

Features & Settings -> Software Updates -> Recent Changes:

CBAA36A1-74C7-49E7-AE1D-010CF49F3DE2_1_102_o.jpeg
1DF5B525-ABB8-4685-B94C-CBCE4CE0A367_1_102_o.jpeg
Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls 77657E46-CA5C-4F77-8B65-836B0902674A

this is all I have in there. 🤔

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
77657E46-CA5C-4F77-8B65-836B0902674A.png

this is all I have in there. 🤔
It may well be dependent on what OTA updates you have gotten as to what FordPass shows you. But if it matters, I have version 4.22.0 of the FordPass app. (Updated 1w ago).

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Same app version here. I’ve gotten no OTA updates. I did a bunch of updates last week with FDRS and worked with Jesse because I was having issues with ford not showing me available updates. He was able to get some going for me we are just waiting now for ford to let me have the Las test apim I think it’s 22888 or whatever it is.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
You used to be able to find the most recent OTA you received by going to Settings > Software Updates > Update Details. I’d try there first.

I say “used to” because the newest round of updates appears to have wiped that recall function out. From what I can tell, if the most recent update you received was not OTA (manually via FDRS, for example), Update Details simply says your software is up to date. It no longer retains the last update you received OTA.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
The 21s and 22s have had mismatched numbers up until the latest update everyone is waiting for because they are technically different hardware.

You can't compare them prior to 22228 aka The Convergence.
Sponsored