Sponsored

Truck jumps like I got hit after coming to complete stop.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Have they also been making your payments??!?!!?? Can't believe you are just getting your back.....Good Luck!!

Thanks - it's been a long and frustrating experience. This thread on the forum is proof of that since i started it probably 7+ months ago. For me, the unfortunate thing was that for whatever reason when they were putting the pump in, another part failed. I never could understand if it just happened to fail when they went to test that the pump was fixed, or did something break while repairing. The pump took 9 weeks to get, I could drive during that time frame, so initially I was just out a couple days to have it repaired, but that became 22 weeks of not having my truck when I had to wait on that shift solenoid part. You would think that they would pull a part from production after some point, but the cost decision to do that is probably around 15k. 15k of margin lost on not building a truck versus what will it cost to compensate me, repair my truck, cover other expenses... that is the behind the scenes decisions that likely happen.

I was able to get some reimbursement on payments. I also was able to get extended warranty from Ford, they also provided a loaner for the 22 weeks from my dealer, and didn't charge me for the oil change that I requested back when they were putting the pump on (minor but at least the dealer didn't ask me to pay for that when I picked it up). I'm still working through some other items that need addressing but having to reach out to other departments to get those taken care of (for example, my bluecruise became active a week or so before this all started, so I've lost 7 months of my 12 month free subscription, I want that back or I want Ford to give me the 3 year sub if they can't adjust it. Also, since my truck sat, I'm going to hit the months of bumper to bumper before the miles, and if something breaks within 7 months of that expiring, I'd like my start date for warranties to be shifted by at least that time period).

On the bright side, my truck seems to be operating like new, in fact it seems to go into electric mode more easily and better than before, shifts smoothly, etc... Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Sponsored

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Thanks - it's been a long and frustrating experience. This thread on the forum is proof of that since i started it probably 7+ months ago. For me, the unfortunate thing was that for whatever reason when they were putting the pump in, another part failed. I never could understand if it just happened to fail when they went to test that the pump was fixed, or did something break while repairing. The pump took 9 weeks to get, I could drive during that time frame, so initially I was just out a couple days to have it repaired, but that became 22 weeks of not having my truck when I had to wait on that shift solenoid part. You would think that they would pull a part from production after some point, but the cost decision to do that is probably around 15k. 15k of margin lost on not building a truck versus what will it cost to compensate me, repair my truck, cover other expenses... that is the behind the scenes decisions that likely happen.

I was able to get some reimbursement on payments. I also was able to get extended warranty from Ford, they also provided a loaner for the 22 weeks from my dealer, and didn't charge me for the oil change that I requested back when they were putting the pump on (minor but at least the dealer didn't ask me to pay for that when I picked it up). I'm still working through some other items that need addressing but having to reach out to other departments to get those taken care of (for example, my bluecruise became active a week or so before this all started, so I've lost 7 months of my 12 month free subscription, I want that back or I want Ford to give me the 3 year sub if they can't adjust it. Also, since my truck sat, I'm going to hit the months of bumper to bumper before the miles, and if something breaks within 7 months of that expiring, I'd like my start date for warranties to be shifted by at least that time period).

On the bright side, my truck seems to be operating like new, in fact it seems to go into electric mode more easily and better than before, shifts smoothly, etc... Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Glad to hear it’s running smoothly now at least!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I personally admire how good of a sport you have been throughout. And I'm REALLY happy with your most recent words revealing that you are enjoying the truck!

Many folks may have soured and the truck would have never gotten the opportunity to become a joy again.

Very happy for you.
And the truck. Lol

llamatronic

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
I'm having the exact same problems as other folks here, looks like another 2021 Powerboost to add to the list.

I dropped mine off at the dealer to have them take a look almost three weeks ago and according to the service department they're not any closer to a resolution than when they started. When I brought up the auxillary transmission pump they just said "yeah it's something on our list" but that they were waiting to hear more from the Ford technicians they'd contacted because they hadn't seen this before.

Hey Ford folks, any chance you could reach out to my dealership to help this along?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So frustrating that the public collective knowledge is far superior than the Ford retail/service collective.

Ford, the manufacturer KNOWS, but there's some incredible disconnect between them and the dealership network.

Sponsored

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
REVISED: Auxiliary transmission fluid pump WAS replaced

Picked it up today, harness replaced, no new pump and so far the issue is gone. I am really hoping it does not surface as soon as I get away from the dealership.

Last edited:

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Picked it up today, harness replaced, no new pump and so far the issue is gone. I am really hoping it does not surface as soon as I get away from the dealership.
Apparently the harness inside the transmission was loose and scraped around on the gears. Still surprising it produces the exact same results as all these other trucks but I drove it around town quite a bit today and it continued behaving.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
And I need to revise this…. Upon reviewing the invoice, they DID replace the auxiliary transmission fluid pump…. I guess the dealership didn’t want to mention to me I was right in the first place.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
And I need to revise this…. Upon reviewing the invoice, they DID replace the auxiliary transmission fluid pump…. I guess the dealership didn’t want to mention to me I was right in the first place.
They just couldn't admit you were right, but glad you got it fixed.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I haven't even gone 100 miles from getting mine back after nearly 7 months of waiting on parts (aux pump and solenoid for shifter). Now I got this loud buzz noise, sounds like an exhaust leak or some Chinese 3 cylinder engine when I push the gas down. Back to the dealer we go - I'm so fed up with lack of parts and issues, if its not something simple that can be solved quickly, I think it's time to lemon it. Here's a video, you have to turn up the volume to hear it well - it sounds like it's coming from under the driver side dash, behind the pedals. It's really loud when windows are down, wish I got a better video but figured it was best to stop driving until it can be looked at.

Sponsored

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Supercrew Powerboost Agate Black
I got my truck back last week after 3 months waiting for the pump...

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
So they still haven’t found the issue. No problems with wiring so far. They want to check a solenoid now. Seems like they are looking for anything besides the aux pump :-/
I just got mine replaced, that was what they did the auxiliary transmission pump, I had the same symptoms. It doesn't take very long what's the part was in, a Ford representative contacted me. She told me that they would send my case to Ford escalations department. I don't know if that had anything to do with how fast the part arrived but it only took 7 days to be of my dealer. Truck is back to normal now. If I specifically told them there were people that I know with the same symptoms and that was what it was.

OP
OP

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Glad to see everyone getting their pump fixed, I had an issue after getting my truck back, but it turned out to be an exhaust leak where they didn't get the cross-over portion of the exhaust bolted back properly. They put new studs in and got it properly tightened, problem solved. Fingers crossed, nothing but oil changes needed for a long time I hope.

Now I'm curious how long we'll go before one of us has this issue pop up on the replacement pump. I don't have a good feel for whether or not any improvements to the pump design were made or what caused it to fail, but I know many people 50k+ miles and no issues on their original one so maybe luck of the draw.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Glad to see everyone getting their pump fixed, I had an issue after getting my truck back, but it turned out to be an exhaust leak where they didn't get the cross-over portion of the exhaust bolted back properly. They put new studs in and got it properly tightened, problem solved. Fingers crossed, nothing but oil changes needed for a long time I hope.

Now I'm curious how long we'll go before one of us has this issue pop up on the replacement pump. I don't have a good feel for whether or not any improvements to the pump design were made or what caused it to fail, but I know many people 50k+ miles and no issues on their original one so maybe luck of the draw.
I saw someone else post about it but they also had a software update aimed toward correcting it. I believe it has to do with a break in procedure or something.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Yeah, it seems like if you mention anything about learning your problem from the internet, forum, Facebook group they seem to frown upon that. I don't know why, because it's knowledge whether you get it from a person, or online it doesn't matter it's still experience that they are getting for free. Maybe they are just too proud to admit that the owners know quite a bit since we are literally invested in these trucks.
Sponsored