Truck built but not shipped?

AlexLask37

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
My truck says it was built 9 days ago now and the order tracker says it takes a couple days to a week to arrange shipment. Does that mean it could take a couple days to a week to find someone to ship it or it should've shipped a couple days to a week after being built? Also is there any sort of delay on the order tracker when it comes to information updating?
Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
My order tracking link only ever worked about once per week and I never got any new messages from Ford, after the one you're talking about (built, prepping to ship). My dealer contacted me about a month later, to make the pickup appointment. The ~2 months start to finish, these days, seems to be laser fast.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
My truck says it was built 9 days ago now and the order tracker says it takes a couple days to a week to arrange shipment. Does that mean it could take a couple days to a week to find someone to ship it or it should've shipped a couple days to a week after being built? Also is there any sort of delay on the order tracker when it comes to information updating?
I see your location but can’t determine where that is. That being said, it’s not as if Ford ships individual trucks to dealers. Sometimes there is a wait until Ford has enough orders for shipping to dealers in your area. Perhaps a call to your dealer you could ask when they generally receive their trucks . Good luck and it will be niece to receive a new truck once it arrives.

Sponsored

Myrnavashaw

First Name
Myrna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
My order tracking link only ever worked about once per week and I never got any new messages from Ford, after the one you're talking about (built, prepping to ship). My dealer contacted me about a month later, to make the pickup appointment. The ~2 months start to finish, these days, seems to be laser fast.
Mine was finished late Feb. Delivered to dealer June 8th

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
So many variables involved in delivery time and just plain luck. If you are a long distance from where the truck was built it will be many different train rides, then final mile by truck transport. The teamsters handle most of it so its out of Fords control once it leaves the plant.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
It may have shipped or it may ship in 4 months.

troy12n

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SCRW 5.0
Wanna hear a weird one?

Me and my dad ordered trucks at the same dealer, same day. We have consecutive order numbers. My truck was built 6/15 and his 6/19. Mine shipped 6/17 and his shipped 6/20. I've been tracking the rail cars they are on, and somehow his rail car has made it closer to us than mine. Mine seems to have gone on Norfolk Southern and is stuck in Atlanta. His, also shipped on Norfolk Southern is in Macon, which is a couple hours south of Atlanta.

So my truck, despite being built 4 days earlier than his and shipping out 3 days before his, somehow the railcar his truck is in, has passed mine. Despite taking the same rail route on the same railroad...

cpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Supercrew 157" V8
My truck was:
Ordered 9/10/22
Blend Date 4/7/23
Built 4/12/23
Shipped 5/18/23
Went on a railcar from Detroit to Atlanta, back to Detroit, to Newark, NJ.
Then after about 2 weeks in Newark was on a truck to my dealer and arrived the morning of 6/15.
Picked up 6/17/23.

Sponsored

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB Platinum RR BAP in production 4/5/23
My truck was built 4/3. Sat in Dearborn on ramp until 5/28. Railcar to Wilmington, DE where it is still sitting today. Only 20min drive to dealership, but estimated delivery keeps getting pushed back every week. Latest estimate is July 10th. “Frustrating” is an understatement. Actually drove a loaded Denali today….but resisted taking it home😉

Geers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 502a powerboost
I feel this thread - My truck went "in production" on May 4th and was only "built" on June 19th. Odd how most people have their trucks built within a few days of going into production... not sure what was the hang up on mine.

Now according to Ford chat my F150 is scheduled to begin shipping on July 9th. Unfortunate that it sits for 3 weeks before leaving and then who knows how much time on a rail car to get here.... I wish there was more transparency here. I understand logistics of building a truck is insane, but it would be nice if they could provide as much information as an Amazon package...

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Saw this today, first it was the chip shortage, then tires and now its rail cars. Trucks are sitting waiting for space on a train due to a shortage.
Sponsored