Sponsored

Trip 1, Trip 2, Avg MPG's explain?

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm confused on these. I see people here mention their lifetime MPGs, please explain. I swear the other day I seen "this trip" somewhere on my dash but can not duplicate or find where it is. Thanks in advance for any and all help. This is my 1st Ford other than some older Mustangs.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
You can select multiple different info screens for the MyView section. If you cycle through the various screens with the up/down button on the right side wheel control and do not see it, go into the settings for MyView and see if the This Trip is checked. You may need to deselect a different info screen if you have the max number already selected.

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Thanks Bret, will check tomorrow. How about the lifetime MPGs? Where is that located? Also, is the average mpg shown for the trip displayed or the life of the vehicle? I have searched the Ford site for answers/explanations to no avail.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
Unless there's something I'm not aware of or thinking of at the moment, I'm guessing most are like me. They reset trip 1 every time they fill up with gas and leave trip 2 to accumulate and give the lifetime averages.

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Unless there's something I'm not aware of or thinking of at the moment, I'm guessing most are like me. They reset trip 1 every time they fill up with gas and leave trip 2 to accumulate and give the lifetime averages.
(y) Thanks

Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Thanks Bret, will check tomorrow. How about the lifetime MPGs? Where is that located? Also, is the average mpg shown for the trip displayed or the life of the vehicle? I have searched the Ford site for answers/explanations to no avail.
Hope this helps.

My odometer shows 27,766.3 total miles for the truck.

My Trip 2 is 27,733.4 averaging 22.3 mpg.

There is an Average MPG card I can select on my center console display right side that shows the mpg the same as my trip 2 gauge. I have checked it often and it always matches my trip 2 gauge. That Average MPG card also shows real time mpg that changes rapidly. So, it seems clear to me that the Average MPG card is showing lifetime miles.

I feel as though my F-150 may be the very best representation of real world MPG driving of a stock Powerboost engine driving over all terrain types that has never towed anything. I have driven it all the way around the country. Most of the East, South, West, Central, and Northern States.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The average MPG card is resettable as well. I usually reset mine at refills along with trip 1.

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Hope this helps.

My odometer shows 27,766.3 total miles for the truck.

My Trip 2 is 27,733.4 averaging 22.3 mpg.

There is an Average MPG card I can select on my center console display right side that shows the mpg the same as my trip 2 gauge. I have checked it often and it always matches my trip 2 gauge. That Average MPG card also shows real time mpg that changes rapidly. So, it seems clear to me that the Average MPG card is showing lifetime miles.

I feel as though my F-150 may be the very best representation of real world MPG driving of a stock Powerboost engine driving over all terrain types that has never towed anything. I have driven it all the way around the country. Most of the East, South, West, Central, and Northern States.
Explained and helped a bunch, thanks

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
The average MPG card is resettable as well. I usually reset mine at refills along with trip 1.
Please explain average reset procedure. Thanks.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i to reset trip 1 on each fill-up, not sure why but i do
i leave trip 2 as the day we picked her up so her mileage is off by a about 30 miles

Sponsored

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
I swear the other day I seen "this trip" somewhere on my dash but can not duplicate or find where it is.
Every time you turn the truck off, it will give you the "Trip Summary" stats for that specific trip. But it is only there for a few seconds before the dash turns off. This might only be for Powerboosts but not sure, because mine has 4 data points: MPG, Time, Total Miles, Electric Miles

Ford F-150 Trip 1, Trip 2, Avg MPG's explain? eBQr-CaLoEH-aSszCSmx-g-1A=w1581-h890-no?authuser=0

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please explain average reset procedure. Thanks.
There's a screen that shows a picture of the truck with bars underneath. The bars show instant fuel economy and a line that displays average fuel economy. If you hold the OK button on the steering wheel, a progress bar will show up underneath it. Hold for 3 seconds and the average economy will reset, similar to resetting one of the trip meters.

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Thanks to all for the info. I'm sure I'll have more questions.