Sponsored

Road Trip Report

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR
2021 KR 5.0 SCREW

Got back from a 10 day, 3,776 mile road trip from Maryland to Texas and back with some running around in Texas while I was there. Trip down and back was done in two days each, went through Memphis going down and Birmingham going back. All in all I was very pleased with the way the truck handled the trip, other than some boredom I was very comfortable. Some specific notes, not in any particular order:
  • The Ford Nav system is terrible. It tried to take me on poor-choice routes multiple times, on smaller/slower/lousier roads - I know this because I grew up in Texas and know the roads very well. It also tried to take me on a couple of detours to avoid slowdowns that didn't exist, and didn't always show existing slowdowns. I had Google Maps running on my iPad as well, so could see there were no issues. I would be very careful with BlueCruise. I'm going to go ahead and start up Apple CarPlay, as much as I hate that level of interaction with Apple.
  • Averaged 20.2 MPG per the dashboard, real number was 19.15 MPG based on my mileage/fill-up log. I ran cruise control probably 75-80% of the time, typically set 5 MPH above speed limit.
  • Really liked the seats, and the massage feature rocks.
  • Storage options are awesome.
  • Tinting the front door windows had a big impact, A/C was typically set two or three degrees above normal pre-tint.
I'm glad I made the trip for a number of reasons, got to see a bunch of friends and family, pick up some stuff, and made four great teal hunts.
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for the write up. Growing up my family made the drive from IL to Corpus twice a year. Two day drive each way in the back seat of a dodge dart. Second full day drive was all in Texas with my great gramma in the back seat with us lol. Far cry from lux King Ranch!