First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Love my XLT, buuuuut....the front end looks very blah. Giving the tow hooks a splash of color might be the ticket. (and I've learned from reading the JC Whitney catalog that it would add mpg)

I actually think that the Tremor orange would be perfect.

Q1) how would I go about finding the correct color code?

Q2) paint would probably just scratch off. Would you powdercoat them? Can this be done over the existing black, or would I have to strip to bare metal?

thanks
Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
They make plastic/rubber inserts in different colors. I forget the exact name for them but for less than $15 or $20 and 2 minutes of your time you can change colors. I changed my hooks to red.

Ford F-150 Tremoring my tow hooks? 68A425F4-6B76-4A4F-9532-464895DE707B

OP
OP
Severdog

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Can’t remember where I got them. it wasn’t from your link. Bought them over a year ago. I think they’re called D-Ring shackle isolators. Don’t think a paid any more that $20 for them.

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
I tried the d-ring shackle covers. Had two issues: 1. I thought they made the hooks look too fat, and 2. One of them cracked completely in half when installing. I really wanted to like them.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Love my XLT, buuuuut....the front end looks very blah. Giving the tow hooks a splash of color might be the ticket. (and I've learned from reading the JC Whitney catalog that it would add mpg)

I actually think that the Tremor orange would be perfect.

Q1) how would I go about finding the correct color code?

Q2) paint would probably just scratch off. Would you powdercoat them? Can this be done over the existing black, or would I have to strip to bare metal?

thanks
Stop by walmart or your favorite place to buy a rattle can, select a color you like. Unbolt them / remove them, borrow the old lady's green scrubbing pad and rough up the surface area you're going to paint and then go to it. Works best to keep them in the sun the entire time giving them subsequent coats every 20 minutes or so and let them cook in the sun for the rest of the day. A couple hours after sundown when they've cooled, they're good to go back on. Avoid touching the painted surface when hot.