Sponsored

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Can I ask the cost for these? Also, can you post any pics? Really appreciate it. Local dealer said back order expected to end this next week… maybe
I will post some shortly, List on the kit was 2200 CAD, how ever I have been going to this dealer for a while and have a business relationship with them, so I got them for 1900 CAD + taxes.

Got a chance to snap some pics, second image shows the new trim for the power scope switch, I didn't install it because the wire wasnt there. Third picture I'll use as a reference, in the instructions if you truck does have the wire there, it will be plugged into a holder shaped like the back of this switch, you will just have to unplug it from the old trim, and then plug it into the switch in the new trim piece.

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors IMG_7263

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors IMG_7265

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors IMG_7267
Sponsored

Last edited:

LeadBoost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Structural Steel Sales & Marketing
RyanR, any chance you have the part numbers available for the mirror switch and trim piece?

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Trim # ML3B-14A564-D
switch # ML3T-14C287-AAW
hold on… question: did you have to reprogram anything for the tow mirror? Or was it just plug and play because you already had the feature in your lariat?

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hold on… question: did you have to reprogram anything for the tow mirror? Or was it just plug and play because you already had the feature in your lariat?
Every option that was already IN the truck worked, no programming, I did NOT have 360 camera, but there is a separate plug for it that looks like an optical plug of some kind. I did not have the lead in the door harness for the power telescope (the in and out feature) but the kit does come with the plug and door trim. Only other thing that doesnt work, and I would be interested to know, the running light in the mirror (that you wont normally have) doesnt function, would like to know if anyone has gotten this to work without extra wiring

Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Every option that was already IN the truck worked, no programming, I did NOT have 360 camera, but there is a separate plug for it that looks like an optical plug of some kind. I did not have the lead in the door harness for the power telescope (the in and out feature) but the kit does come with the plug and door trim. Only other thing that doesnt work, and I would be interested to know, the running light in the mirror (that you wont normally have) doesnt function, would like to know if anyone has gotten this to work without extra wiring
Do you mean the marker lights (on the side) on when headlights are on? For some reason you have to update it in Forscan. You need to update 726-40-01-xxxx-xx01-xxxx in the BCM.

DDM
740-03-04 xxxx-01xx-xx-- SIDE TURN INDICATOR ENABLE (DRIVER SIDE)
740-04-07 03xx-xxxx xx- - PUDDLE LIGHTS TYPE (PUDDLE ONLY)
PDM
741-03-04 xxxx-01xx-xx-- SIDE TURN INDICATOR ENABLE (PASSENGER SIDE)
741-04-07 03xx xxxx xx- -PUDDLE LIGHTS TYPE (PUDDLE ONLY)
BCM
726-71-02 01xx-xxxx-xx-- PUDDLE LAMP CIRCUIT
726-40-01 xxxx-xx01-xx-- MIRROR MARKER LAMPS

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you mean the marker lights (on the side) on when headlights are on? For some reason you have to update it in Forscan. You need to update 726-40-01-xxxx-xx01-xxxx in the BCM.

DDM
740-03-04 xxxx-01xx-xx-- SIDE TURN INDICATOR ENABLE (DRIVER SIDE)
740-04-07 03xx-xxxx xx- - PUDDLE LIGHTS TYPE (PUDDLE ONLY)
PDM
741-03-04 xxxx-01xx-xx-- SIDE TURN INDICATOR ENABLE (PASSENGER SIDE)
741-04-07 03xx xxxx xx- -PUDDLE LIGHTS TYPE (PUDDLE ONLY)
BCM
726-71-02 01xx-xxxx-xx-- PUDDLE LAMP CIRCUIT
726-40-01 xxxx-xx01-xx-- MIRROR MARKER LAMPS
Okay, I havent yet got forscan, so for the time being I will put up with it. Maybe next time it is in at the dealer for service I can get them to go in and do it. Thanks for the info.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Okay, I havent yet got forscan, so for the time being I will put up with it. Maybe next time it is in at the dealer for service I can get them to go in and do it. Thanks for the info.
Just FYI, the dealer CANNOT do it. For whatever reason they are unable to do it. There's many threads on it, that's why people figured out how to do it in forscan.

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just FYI, the dealer CANNOT do it. For whatever reason they are unable to do it. There's many threads on it, that's why people figured out how to do it in forscan.
Okay thanks, guess ill have to look into getting it then

bowling

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
For those who do have tow mirrors, how far inward do yours retract? Mine seem to have more room to go inward when they stop moving. Is this normal?

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.29.31 PM

Sponsored

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those who do have tow mirrors, how far inward do yours retract? Mine seem to have more room to go inward when they stop moving. Is this normal?

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.29.31 PM.png
Yes they don't go 100% of the way in

RyanR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been looking into forscan and was wondering if you can change this setting through the forscan LITE program for your phone or does it have to be done on the windows version

Twilly 3.0

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.0L Powerstroke, 2021 Edge SEL
Well I just popped my switch panel and I have the telescopic wiring! My factory mirrors have Bliss, power fold, heat, 360 camera, spot lights, and signal.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I have been looking into forscan and was wondering if you can change this setting through the forscan LITE program for your phone or does it have to be done on the windows version
If my memory serves me correctly, it's more diagnostics and readouts. Meaning you can't make system changes. You can pick up a used laptop of FB marketplace for cheap, $50 or so. Or post in the 14th gen FB group; people do meet up to do forscan on other folks trucks.

Well I just popped my switch panel and I have the telescopic wiring! My factory mirrors have Bliss, power fold, heat, 360 camera, spot lights, and signal.
Which trim level? How could you tell? You have more wires than the panel switch? Edit* looking at the photo above, Im guess they're an unused pig tail

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
@RyanR Dealers cannot activate tow mirror running lights through FDRS, which is the name of Ford's official/approved dealer software. I checked with several dealers to confirm that FDRS cannot access or add features to a truck if it's not in the original build (like tow mirror running lights if the OE standard mirrors didn't use the running lights). When it comes to a dealer being willing to use Forscan to activate the running lights, I've found some will do it some won't. The dealer I bought my truck from has been burnt in the past by using Forscan because they didn't know what they were doing and broke something, so management said "new rule, no more Forscan". Call the Ford dealer across the street from them and they will use Forscan. I opted to drop the $50 on the dongle and figure out how to use it because I wanted to make other basic changes in addition to activating my tow mirror running lights (like disable double honk when leave vehicle and try to disable/override the infotainment EQ curve). Hope this helps.
Sponsored