Problems with tow mirrors upgrade

Michael H

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Hey everyone, I have a 2021 Lariat and purchased OEM Ford tow mirrors from a dealership in the Midwest to upgrade my non-towing mirrors. They came with a new door plate and extender button as well. When I installed them, they wouldn’t extend and tried to change it through Forscan with little luck. Also, my side marker lights on the mirrors will not light up but the flood lights and 360 works. Does anyone have any ideas on how to change it in Forscan to extend them and also turn on the marker lights on the mirrors? I really appreciate the help.

This is the part info:
ML3Z-17696-DAF-150 OEM Ford Chrome Trailer Tow Mirrors Power Fold 360 Camera Blind Spot
Sponsored

Last edited:

Michael1955

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2011 Crown Vic
Occupation
Retired Pharmacist
I’m assuming you had the wiring for the extender switch…mine is a 502A..had it..I would assume 501A would also have it. Everything worked on mine when I upgraded except the extension function. I went into Forscan and enabled tow mirrors to be able to be extended in both the DSM and the PSM…if you do that make sure you save a copy of each as written module and write any changes you make. The marker lights don’t work on mine either but turn signals and floods do....I’m not sure they should although on 250s I think they do. I’m sure one of the Forscan gurus will chime in and help…their knowledge and experience is invaluable. Good luck

OP
OP

Michael H

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Hey Michael1955, thank you for your reply. When I installed the door plate everything matches up including the extender switch. It was prewired for it. I will look into the Forscan suggestions. Maybe I didn’t modify both of them. I’m still learning the program and even trying to figure out how to copy the original files. I was able to get them to extend a while back, then it just stopped. So I have no idea.
Sponsored