Trailer backup camera

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Waiting for my new truck to be built. I have a travel trailer with a Furrion back up camera. Was wondering if there’s a way to get it to work with the sync 4 12 inch screen. I know the Ford factory one is wired but is there a way for the Furrion wireless to work with the new system?
Sponsored

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Tagging in. Mine just got the update so they can be seen while driving, lol

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
No but maybe folks with them will chime in. I am looking to get a couple from my different trailers

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I don't believe you can add in the furrion wireless to the sync 4. You would need to purchase the ford wired one, and even then your truck may not have the proper wiring harness underneath for it to work.

Not the greatest implementation imo. I'd probably pay to get the ford one, if it wasn't for how difficult it would be to add it to the trailer. I suppose you could go underneath and up in the back provided that there is room to do so back there. I've never had the bottom covering off mine, so I have no idea.

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thought I'd add some information I found out, which may lead to a furrion camera system for sale lol.

I read a post where the guy used a fish tape from the top rear marker light and was able to run it all the way down and out of the bottom. He then fished the camera wire up from there. At that point he removed the furrion mount, and ran the fish tape across to that hole and pulled the new camera wire through.

I think the hardest part of this whole exercise would be to get the wire from the front of the trailer to the back through the chloroplast underbelly. I would guess from there it would be simple. Provided you can get access to the bottom like that.

Again the other hard part is adding in the correct harness that is likely missing under the truck.

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Thought I'd add some information I found out, which may lead to a furrion camera system for sale lol.

I read a post where the guy used a fish tape from the top rear marker light and was able to run it all the way down and out of the bottom. He then fished the camera wire up from there. At that point he removed the furrion mount, and ran the fish tape across to that hole and pulled the new camera wire through.

I think the hardest part of this whole exercise would be to get the wire from the front of the trailer to the back through the chloroplast underbelly. I would guess from there it would be simple. Provided you can get access to the bottom like that.

Again the other hard part is adding in the correct harness that is likely missing under the truck.
Maybe I will just keep the Furrion screen.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I have the 5" furrion and actually like to have the TT rear view separate from the center stack running nav so I have it up all the time.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I've not delved into this but these folks seem to do a lot of development work in this arena and might have ways to integrate an aftermarket wireless cam into the OE dash display (by hook or crook):

https://www.tadibrothers.com

Just for your consideration (no affiliation). Have Fun!

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the 5" furrion and actually like to have the TT rear view separate from the center stack running nav so I have it up all the time.
I've been thinking about adding a proclip setup, and just leaving it connected. Of course I don't use it that often, but I could probably re-use the proclip base for a phone mount as well, and then just leave a power pigtail for the furrion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Yeah I have the 7” and think I will just keep the set up I have

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I've been thinking about adding a proclip setup, and just leaving it connected. Of course I don't use it that often, but I could probably re-use the proclip base for a phone mount as well, and then just leave a power pigtail for the furrion.
never seen those https://www.proclipusa.com/ before. I would need one for the furrion and one for the trailer TMPS though. It gets a bit busy on the dash when towing, but we only do it 5-6x a year.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just a heads up that a lot of trucks don't have the necessary wiring harness to the 7 pin connector.