Sponsored

Window Sticker Trailer Tow/360 Camera Pricing

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Quick question if anyone can answer. I got my window sticker (finally) I ordered in October, I initially had the tow tech package mainly so I could get the 360 cameras. With the shortages they switched it to the Trailer tow package now, it’s more expensive (whatever) but I still have the 360 cameras (good).

Only thing is instead of including the 360 cameras in the package for $0 like it was with the tow tech package, now it’s charging for the 360 cameras separately on top of charging for the trailer tow package.

Any insight would be helpful!
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
When I ordered in January I had the tow tech package and when I was going over the tow options I asked about the straight tow package. He told me I would be able to tow more than with just the tow tech package but I would lose the 360 camera that I said I wanted (highly). He said I would have to add that 360 camera option along with the extra for the tow package if I wanted to get both. I went with the tow tech package for the 360 camera without paying about $1400 more for the other two options combined.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
When I ordered in January I had the tow tech package and when I was going over the tow options I asked about the straight tow package. He told me I would be able to tow more than with just the tow tech package but I would lose the 360 camera that I said I wanted (highly). He said I would have to add that 360 camera option along with the extra for the tow package if I wanted to get both. I went with the tow tech package for the 360 camera without paying about $1400 more for the other two options combined.
That’s what I initially did , but the tow tech got switched in system on fords end. From what I’ve seen it has to do with something supply shortage related. Because my dealer had nothing to do with switching the tow tech to trailer tow and the 360 cameras separately it was all done on Fords side.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You actually got the best of both worlds IMO if you do not mind laying out the extra coin. If they did that to me, I would take it and just bite the bullet. I would not be mad because it is an improvement if you do plan to tow.

Sponsored

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
Quick question if anyone can answer. I got my window sticker (finally) I ordered in October, I initially had the tow tech package mainly so I could get the 360 cameras. With the shortages they switched it to the Trailer tow package now, it’s more expensive (whatever) but I still have the 360 cameras (good).

Only thing is instead of including the 360 cameras in the package for $0 like it was with the tow tech package, now it’s charging for the 360 cameras separately on top of charging for the trailer tow package.

Any insight would be helpful!
I too ordered back in October, I have a Platinum that’s been shipped/on its way. On my sticker The 360 degree camera was part of the 701a trim level package for the Platinum ($3950.00) trim. It doesn’t say how much the 360 degree camera set up itself is, it’s just included in that $4000 701a platinum package.

I also ordered the Trailer tow package as well, and that is a $1,215.00 option. I don’t know if this exactly answers your question, but that’s what my sticker shows.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
This is correct. The 360 Camera is not a part of the Trailer Tow Package.

Ford F-150 Window Sticker Trailer Tow/360 Camera Pricing 1654994768117

But the weird thing is, Everything that is supposedly included in the Trailer Tow package is also included at the 50Xa levels.

Ford F-150 Window Sticker Trailer Tow/360 Camera Pricing 1654994759105

So what do you get for your $1300? It might just be a rating sticker for more weight. The complete Towing Guide isn't exactly forthcoming.

From what I’ve seen it has to do with something supply shortage related
Yes. It was "balanced out" by Ford in mid-March.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
This is correct. The 360 Camera is not a part of the Trailer Tow Package.

1654994768117.png

But the weird thing is, Everything that is supposedly included in the Trailer Tow package is also included at the 50Xa levels.

1654994759105.png

So what do you get for your $1300? It might just be a rating sticker for more weight. The complete Towing Guide isn't exactly forthcoming.

Yes. It was "balanced out" by Ford in mid-March.
So because the tow tech package was taken away basically because of the balance out. They gave me the trailer tow package behind the scenes at Ford even though I had to
pay more for it… and since the tow tech isn’t there they gave me the cameras but at a cost so I could keep them, is this correct of what I am reading into it as?

and how does trailer tow not include the 360 cameras

I guess with trailer tow compared to the tow tech, I get the tailgate LED haha

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
You actually got the best of both worlds IMO if you do not mind laying out the extra coin. If they did that to me, I would take it and just bite the bullet. I would not be mad because it is an improvement if you do plan to tow.
I don’t really tow a lot I just wanted the 360 cameras for enhanced visuals, functionality and the tech itself is awesome and useful.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
It is by design very difficult if not almost impossible to really understand what you are really paying for options that are part of multiple packages. You add a $2000 package and because of some box you check a over it costs $2000...or maybe $800 or is only avaliable with some package whose box you haven't yet checked so it's $3485.

That said, I think your sticker is right. I have Max Tow and 360 Cameras were a separate option and charge.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
It is by design very difficult if not almost impossible to really understand what you are really paying for options that are part of multiple packages. You add a $2000 package and because of some box you check a over it costs $2000...or maybe $800 or is only avaliable with some package whose box you haven't yet checked so it's $3485.

That said, I think your sticker is right. I have Max Tow and 360 Cameras were a separate option and charge.

Oh I have no doubt sticker is right, but I initially only ordered the tow tech package which was $880 and came with 360 cameras , not I’m paying a more expensive package and camera package by itself ..

What I don’t understand is why Ford switched it behind the scenes, Ive seen others who did get the tow tech and cameras came with it on their sticker

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I don’t understand is why Ford switched it behind the scenes, Ive seen others who did get the tow tech and cameras came with it on their sticker
I would like to know this too but unless your dealer knows why, we may never find out. I would like to know too as I have my build coming up (for now anyway) in 7/4. I have the tow tech package too. If they have to drop the tow tech for whatever reason and add the trailer tow package, they better add that 360 camera for me. I'll lay out the coin at this stage but that 360 camera was one of my "must have" items.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
What month did you place your order? And do you have your signed DORA?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have your Preview Order sheet and is the Tow Technology on that. I wonder if the dealer just misunderstood what you wanted and ordered the truck like the way you are getting it. Maybe there is no deletion of the Tow Technology, and it was just a misorder. Take a look and let us know this may affect a number of people.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Do you have your Preview Order sheet and is the Tow Technology on that. I wonder if the dealer just misunderstood what you wanted and ordered the truck like the way you are getting it. Maybe there is no deletion of the Tow Technology, and it was just a misorder. Take a look and let us know this may affect a number of people.
This is where I was going, but I didn't want to jump to a few conclusions. I could see the salesman taking the order for Tow Tech after it was restricted in March, OP not getting a signed DORA with options and price, and then the salesman just changing the order instead of admiting to making a mistake.

We've already seen how Ford handles deletions when they are done to trucks that have already been ordered. When Tow Tech was restricted, you could not make an order with it. The system wouldn't let you, and that shown by a dealership employee on this site.

There has been no communication from Ford about removal of Tow Tech from those orders already received, so it's highly unlikely Ford made this change automatically.
Sponsored