Tonneau covers - Flip vs Roll vs Retrax

K-Rob3

First Name
K-Rob3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502a Fx4
Almost looks like polycarbonate. I just put on my Revolver x4S t’other day and it’s polycarbonate and looks the same as the picture, maybe even just a rebranded x4s. 😬. I had a TruXedo Sentry CT and that one is like a fabric, lifevest kind of material. I liked it because after a wash, it looked brand new again, we’ll see how this x4s holds up to the test of time (and elements). Lol.

22A0D664-E253-493D-A6D3-E2BAEFFBD633.jpeg
My Revolver X4s arrives next week! I chose it over the Truxedo Sentry because of the top material, although I've read really good things about the Truxedo. I just didnt want the fabric and Ive had good luck with Bak covers in the past.
Sponsored

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
I know its been awhile since you posted, but how is the Gator Recoil holding up? Does it still retract smoothly? Would you buy it again?

I have had the Gator Recoil for almost a year now and it has held up great. Looks as good now as when I got it. Opening and closing is as good as it has ever been. I really like it. I have tried a bunch over the years and this is my favorite.

K-Rob3

First Name
K-Rob3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502a Fx4
I have had the Gator Recoil for almost a year now and it has held up great. Looks as good now as when I got it. Opening and closing is as good as it has ever been. I really like it. I have tried a bunch over the years and this is my favorite.
Thats good to see and thanks for sharing. I looked at the Gator for a long time as it doesnt require a key to lock. I really like that feature but in the end, I decided to go with a cover that didnt have a canister to save on bed space. Do you have a picture of your cover?

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
I'm going back and forth between the x4s and a softcover by truxedo(not the sentry). I like the x4s, but I like the price of the softcover. It also gives a little more room when rolled up. Security isn't a big issue for me. Anyone with experience with these want to weigh in with some advice? Thanks!

Jackson84

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4x4 with Max Tow
Occupation
U.S. Army Active Duty Critical Care Flight Paramedic
I have the Undercover Armor Flex. It’s Trifold, had the backflip on my 19 Ranger and liked it but also didn’t care for how it was held up when fully opened, it would actually touch the 3rd brake light no matter how I adjusted it the armor flex is much better and really sturdy. It has line x on all sides and seems really durable. I actually have one for sale still BNIB, when I weighed it for shipping purposes it was 68LBS including the box. The only time water ever gets in is if I go through the car wash and just a little bit right at the tailgate seam. Again though like you mentioned it does block the rear window when fully up but at least the struts hold it straight up and down. Also, with the 360 camera option the camera in the brake light clears it as well as the tailgate camera for backing up or situational awareness around the truck.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I'm going back and forth between the x4s and a softcover by truxedo(not the sentry). I like the x4s, but I like the price of the softcover. It also gives a little more room when rolled up. Security isn't a big issue for me. Anyone with experience with these want to weigh in with some advice? Thanks!
I have the Truxedo Lo Pro on my 2021 and I highly recommend it because of the lifetime warranty and ease of removal and install. I had another Truxedo soft roll up for 8 years and it still looked new when I bought the Lo Pro for my 2021.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I have the one piece Undercover SE. It's the best cover I've found to keep out water. I do get that many will find it a pain that the cover must be lifted before the tailgate is lowered.

I can say the Undercover does allow me to hook my trailer to the 7.4 Kw generator and the Cover remain locked shut.

Ford F-150 Tonneau covers - Flip vs Roll vs Retrax IMG_20220227_090153458_HDR

Ford F-150 Tonneau covers - Flip vs Roll vs Retrax 02c Trailer shore power cord with locked tonneau cover

DesertRacer1984

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I have the one piece Undercover SE. It's the best cover I've found to keep out water. I do get that many will find it a pain that the cover must be lifted before the tailgate is lowered.

I can say the Undercover does allow me to hook my trailer to the 7.4 Kw generator and the Cover remain locked shut.

IMG_20220227_090153458_HDR.jpg

02c Trailer shore power cord with locked tonneau cover.jpg
Thanks for the sharing these pix!

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
I have the Truxedo Lo Pro on my 2021 and I highly recommend it because of the lifetime warranty and ease of removal and install. I had another Truxedo soft roll up for 8 years and it still looked new when I bought the Lo Pro for my 2021.
Is there any issues with the truck bed auto release or raise?

Sponsored

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I want the X4S so bad but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger. I need T slot rails and I haven't found much info at all about anyone using a X4S with the Elevate TS rails. I saw one video about the X4/Elevate rail combo on a Maverick and it wasn't that great.

The most frustrating part is that the X4S comes with integrated T slot rails on the Jeep Gladiator. I emailed Bak about it and asked if the fullsize covers will ever be made that way. I got a big fat nope in response.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
I ended up getting the Ford Accessory roll up hard cover. It’s actually better than I thought and I think provides added security.

B4A51210-2F58-4270-9C7B-3C73C1953BA8.jpeg

B3E0D474-E59C-4C6D-BB75-51EC5345FD5E.jpeg
Do you happen to have the part number for this one?

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I have the Truxedo Lo Pro and like it for the most part. I bought it based on cost savings over the hard roll covers. I really wish I had spent the extra money. It is not that it is a bad cover, but the Lo Pro requires some fiddling to keep it nice and taunt. When I roll it back down I have to go around and pull on each side and pull it tight.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
This is my soft roll up (Rough Country). No complaints and the price was even better. As you can tell, it's pretty taut.

Ford F-150 Tonneau covers - Flip vs Roll vs Retrax PXL_20220830_231557628_2
Sponsored