First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I bought the Ford Accessories one for my 6.5 bed because I read it was built by BAKfip.

I had a backflip on my previous 5.5 bed. I didn't notice much difference in weight. To be honest I don't really think I paid attention to weight either. If I did notice a difference I probably would have attributed it to the fact that one was a tri-fold for a 5.5 bed and the other a quad-fold for a 6.5 bed.

I was happy with both. Never owned a hard roll up so can not comment on them.
My friend has the ford branded one on his F150 and it is at least twice as heavy as the as my mx4, and the F1 is even lighter.

The MX4 was great my only complaint is that it can hail where i live and the mx4 can dent from the hail, the F1 is suppose not too but i like the matte finish of the mx4 and the F1 is gloss.
Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I have the roll up in the second link. I like it. I can roll it up using one hand easily and when it's rolled all the way back, it doesn't block my rearview mirror.

Azben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012, 2022:f150
I have had tri and quad fold and this is my first rollup x4s. I tried this route because I disliked the folding blocking the rear window when using the bed.

Since I need the cover open a fair amount this has made a huge difference for me not seeing it in my my rear view mirror.

It does take a bit longer to put the straps on when rolled up vs. the folding.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
i cant seem to pull up a pic at the moment but i have the OEM Ford roll up one for my 6.5'. not sure who actually makes it for ford but so far i'm really liking it. as a few have mentioned, i didnt want the kind that blocked the back window or the last section was just there. its very easy to use and seems to work very well.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Expecting delivery of a MY '23 in a matter of days, weeks...months. I've settled on either a hard roll top or hard folding tonneau. Anyone have experience with both and have a favorite?

Between these two (I realize going Ford direct route is not the most economical):
Hard Fold: https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2021-2022-rev-hard-folding-tonneau-cover-for-5-5-bed
Hard Roll-Up: https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2015-2021-hard-roll-up-tonneau-cover-for-5-5-bed-1

Thanks All
If you don't factor in knowing ahead of time what you think you'll be hauling, then get the folding cover. It's just flat out easier and quicker to open and close. Don't even consider the price. Next year you are not going to be sitting around crying about spending $200 more for one than the other.

A roll up is going to give you the most versatility in opening and closing the cover to exactly what you need for objects extending above the bed. While not part of their design, with a little manly engineering you can fix a roll up anywhere you want along the length of the bed.

A fold up doesn't have the same versatility as the roll up. If opening the bed up in thirds will satisfy your above the bed hauling needs, well then, go with a fold up. To different degrees, a fold up let's you do above the bed storage directly on the cover. This can be a money saver. Can be, not that it will be. Many ways to skin a cat.

Common roll ups and fold ups are easily removed when full bed access is required.

Chances are a fold up will be your best choice. If you think so, the $1000~ish cover is what you'll likely end up with. Take a look at the DiamondBack. Twice as much and twice+ as strong. Not easily removed and replaced if required though.

Me? I don't haul stuff where I care about security. I'm using the low end soft roll up. I want a nice looking one so I'm using the Truxedo Pro X15. It's got a cloth top vs vinyl. It rolls up and almost disappears.

Think about what you'll haul. There is where you'll find the answer to your question.

Last edited:

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Not sure if any of you have tried it, but I also have the bak box and love it... its made of the same material as the hard folding tops, so its not super heavy duty, but makes for a great collapsable toolbox:

Sponsored