First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
With BC1.3 around the corner does anyone have thoughts about what it might bring compared to 1.2? 1.2 is a disappointment with all the naggs and constant disconnects.
I seriously looked into openpilot. While it does provide better over the road performance there are certain safety things I'm struggling with. If BC 1.3 would address the naggs and disconnects it would be something I would eventually pay for.
Openpilot is pretty good but it will always lag in development for ford trucks. Most of their development is centered around just a few platforms. Honda, Toyota ect. Especially with the looming lock downs ford is implementing starting 2024.
The development of Openpilot for ford is at a fever pitch not by Openpilot dev's but more by the creation of "forks" These are side developers that extend the capability beyond what the development team at openpilot are doing.

The advances the groups like Sunnypilot and Frogpilot are amazing.

Turning my intrest to BlueCruise I can't help but wonder what ford is going to do. If anything!!
I can see where ford is going to leave 21's stranded. 22 23 might see some 1.3 love but I think it's the 24 up that is going to see better performance.
Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
out of curiosity, what vehicle do you drive that has blue cruise 1.2 on it?

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
2022 f150 platinum hybrid. Running on 2023 ipma with mods. The only advantage is more stability in center, changes lanes with turn signal "party trick"
Still as much "keeps hands on wheel " when in lane keeping and unexplainable drop puts while on ACC. Very very frustrating. Unless ford fixes these things I don't see much demand for the high price subscription.
I was wondering if anyone had received a early adopter of 1.3

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
2022 f150 platinum hybrid. Running on 2023 ipma with mods. The only advantage is more stability in center, changes lanes with turn signal "party trick"
Still as much "keeps hands on wheel " when in lane keeping and unexplainable drop puts while on ACC. Very very frustrating. Unless ford fixes these things I don't see much demand for the high price subscription.
I was wondering if anyone had received a early adopter of 1.3
I'm interested as well, I imagine there aren't many people that can answer this question yet. I see talks of 1.4 already so I imagine they are just going to continue refining the tech.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
As I recall, BC 1.2 was never officially developed for the F150, but a few folks (like yourself) have upgraded the system enough to get it working, though I recall some of the menus weren't working properly, along with some other bugs. I'm waiting until the bugs have been worked out before upgrading to BC 1.2 (or 1.3). BC 1.0 works just fine for my needs at the moment.

Sponsored

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
Do you really think they will upgrade 22 f-150?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Boen

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Platinum
Is there a way to tell if any updates are pending?