First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I saw this on a FaceBook group. My new 2023 was built 11/28/2022. Going to be a real problem if they can’t get parts to fix it until the 2nd QTR of 2023.

Last edited:

DeeDah

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Silverado
Occupation
HumanResources
what a damn shame the QC is nowadays..
Unfortunately it's not just Ford. I work with another manufacturer and QC there is just as bad. Ive learned that people just don't have the same pride in their quality of work as people did generations before. It really sucks.

Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
If GM and Ford share the same design, would GM have this same problem as well?

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Unfortunately it's not just Ford. I work with another manufacturer and QC there is just as bad. Ive learned that people just don't have the same pride in their quality of work as people did generations before. It really sucks.
100% agree and it's not the workers, it's the corporation itself. This type of QC failure is the result of relentless attention to corporate profits at the expense of wages, training, and procedures. There is little to no incentive to do better than average work. How can a U.S. line assembly worker be expected to take pride in his or her work when they are paid only $17 to $25 per hour (according to Indeed, Glass Door, etc.)? These are poverty wages for a family of four.

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Unreal…. I was literally texting with a close friend yesterday who hates new vehicles and only drives old trucks. Told me just wait for my first recall on this new truck… Now here we are!! I’ve had my truck less than a week. COME ON FORD!!

I guess I’ll be using the parking brake for a while.

Last edited:

TremorWolf

First Name
Karlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Engineer
It’s 297 F150s built in the date range, 950ish total across all models. Only transmissions that went thru a QC or repair process. If you go to the Bronco G6 forum there are some links to run the VIN and see if your truck is in the group.
Mine was in the date range, but not one in the recall. Thankfully.
This next comment(and Ford this is from a son of a retiree that has only purchased Fords since highschool, so 30+ years) get your house in order. The damn deletes are bad enough, pretty quickly no one is going accept your poor excuses for all the issues.

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
It’s 297 F150s built in the date range, 950ish total across all models. Only transmissions that went thru a QC or repair process. If you go to the Bronco G6 forum there are some links to run the VIN and see if your truck is in the group.
Mine was in the date range, but not one in the recall. Thankfully.
This next comment(and Ford this is from a son of a retiree that has only purchased Fords since highschool, so 30+ years) get your house in order. The damn deletes are bad enough, pretty quickly no one is going accept your poor excuses for all the issues.
Well OK! Appears most are interpreting the recall wrong. Appreciate you posting and providing some clarity. Ran my VIN and I’m not impacted. Good news!

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
And the cherry on the cake is that everyone needs to wait until Q2 of 2023 for more details...

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
I spent almost 8 years assembling in a UAW plant and hated every one of them up until I walked out never to come back. It’s the workers, the managers, the executives, the shareholders, the training, the culture, the supply chain, all of it. Not an easy ship to right. It’s really something, but still I have Detroit in the garage. One thing for sure, the ownership experience isn’t boring!

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
During my 40 years in a Ford Assembly Plant, the first 20 years consisted of a none-stop of timestudy folks trying to add more work to each and every worker on the line. Some of those jobs were so bad, you literally didn't have time to blow your nose or scratch your ass, but they had Q.C. and repair guys placed at the middle and end of every line. Second 20 years, i seen the company literally wipe out Q.C., except for at the very end of the last line (at least in our plant). I believe that has cost Ford more than they realize, but as long as the bean counters and shareholders are happy with the doctored up numbers on the papers handed to them at the round table, all is well.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
I may have dodged a bullet here. Just checked my vin at this site: Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment | NHTSA
Here's the issue:
During a quality assurance review at the transmission plant, certain transmissions were flagged for review, which included a re-assembly of the transmission. The transmission plant personnel performing the quality assurance review did not account for all bolts during assembly processes and inadvertently dropped or otherwise left a bolt loose inside the transmission.

Last edited:

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
Hey my truck was build late november 2022
Sponsored