Im_the_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
2021 F-150 5.0

I was driving about 60 when I heard a loud bang, the truck stayed in drive, but acted as if it was in neutral. Got a service engine light on the dash. Pulled over, checked for leaks, found none. Turned off the truck and the problems all disappeared.

Took it to the dealership, and they informed me there was a recall for the issue, and did a software update. After about four hours, I got the all clear and drove away. Now, two days later, the transmission shifts hard (for lack of a better description), particularly between 5-6 gears.

Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve been assured it’s only a computer issue, but I’m not convinced that the transmission wasn’t damaged at highway speeds.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2021 F-150 5.0

I was driving about 60 when I heard a loud bang, the truck stayed in drive, but acted as if it was in neutral. Got a service engine light on the dash. Pulled over, checked for leaks, found none. Turned off the truck and the problems all disappeared.

Took it to the dealership, and they informed me there was a recall for the issue, and did a software update. After about four hours, I got the all clear and drove away. Now, two days later, the transmission shifts hard (for lack of a better description), particularly between 5-6 gears.

Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve been assured it’s only a computer issue, but I’m not convinced that the transmission wasn’t damaged at highway speeds.
Hey there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

AustinTremor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tremor
I am having the same issues with hard shifting. Seems to be around 3rd and 5th/6th gears.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
My MY21 is in for a new transmission for similar issues.
Sponsored