Sponsored

I found this loose bolt today rubbing on my condenser?

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
I had my grill off today to install my color matched emblems and when I pulled it off this is what I found, a loose bolt! You can see where it was already damaging the radiator. I'm speechless at this point. This would have eventually rubbed through and caused a leak at some point. So I started to look around and then noticed the top of the condenser, trans cooler, oil cooler? Do not know what that radiator is for, the top of the unit is crushed in, in two places. WTH FORD! REALLY?

Ford F-150 I found this loose bolt today rubbing on my condenser? 20220529_102920

Ford F-150 I found this loose bolt today rubbing on my condenser? 20220529_102928

Ford F-150 I found this loose bolt today rubbing on my condenser? 20220529_103044a
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Are you missing a bolt? If not, that was road debris.

OP
OP
AAWhyte

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Are you missing a bolt? If not, that was road debris.
Ahhh didn't think of that! I am not missing a bolt, that I could see, but there are no blemishes on the head or the washer. Looks new to me, but you are probably right, just road debris.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
It was probably left in there from the assembly line. I had a 2020 F150 that had a lump under the drivers floorboard carpet. When I pulled the carpet back,I found a rubber brake pedal pad and a pair if gloves underneath it. Its like a bonus! lol

OP
OP
AAWhyte

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
It was probably left in there from the assembly line. I had a 2020 F150 that had a lump under the drivers floorboard carpet. When I pulled the carpet back,I found a rubber brake pedal pad and a pair if gloves underneath it. Its like a bonus! lol
Hey Rocky,

I'm pretty sure it was left in there during the assembly process. The bolt is brand new and even has thread lock unmarred on it. The thing is if/when it rubbed through the thin radiator metal, they would have said it was road debris and made me pay for a replacement......

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Hey Rocky,

I'm pretty sure it was left in there during the assembly process. The bolt is brand new and even has thread lock unmarred on it. The thing is if/when it rubbed through the thin radiator metal, they would have said it was road debris and made me pay for a replacement......
You are exactly right!

OP
OP
AAWhyte

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
From the pic, it looks like this one:

1654083311962.png
Yep, there are several sizes in that area that are real close. Just glad that I didn't find an empty hole, yet. But I did look around all over the area to make sure I wasn't missing one.
I also had an extra seat bolt cover. It was in the passenger door and was sliding around, took me a couple of days to find it when I first got my truck. I couldn't figure out what it was at first.
Sponsored