Sponsored

Steering wheel lock ( anti theft) suggestions??

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Curious if anyone has purchased a steering wheel lock for anti theft such as “ the club” or anything else? I live in Ontario Canada and especially around my area there is an insane amount of cars being stolen… specifically f150s. I’m assuming it’s happening all over the world as well.

I don’t have the luxury of having a full size garage to park my truck in so I’ve been debating getting a steering wheel lock. Does anyone have any that they’d recommend, Or any other sort of device to use to prevent theft? Obviously I lock it every night and have the motion sensors turned on. but the way thieves are hacking the key fobs electronically defeats that purpose anyways.Im open to all suggestions. What are you guys using ? If anything at all.

Searched the forums and haven’t found any threads for this topic so I apologize if it’s posted somewhere but nothing comes up under the search.
Sponsored

Boss1309

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Boss 302 Mustang,2010 Taurus, 2022 F150 Plati
Yes I have the club on my new truck and one on my old Taurus parked in front of it. I think it’s another deterrent that might have the would be thieves move on.

I also covered my VIN and had the dealer install a OBD port lock by Sherlock. I was also looking into a remote cut off switch but haven’t found one seems to be reliable enough

I am also concerned about someone sliding under the truck and cutting the catalytic converter‘s off so looking into the Talons garage shield for that but not cheap.

I live in Ontario Toronto to be exact and constantly wake up to a rash of car thefts in the area what a shame hard-working folks have to go through this length to protect their assets. The put the car in the garage is a poor reply from police and others giving advice Like you said will not fit and other toys in there as well.

I think the steering wheel lock is well it worth the hundred dollars.

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Yes I have the club on my new truck and one on my old Taurus parked in front of it. I think it’s another deterrent that might have the would be thieves move on.

I also covered my VIN and had the dealer install a OBD port lock by Sherlock. I was also looking into a remote cut off switch but haven’t found one seems to be reliable enough

I am also concerned about someone sliding under the truck and cutting the catalytic converter‘s off so looking into the Talons garage shield for that but not cheap.

I live in Ontario Toronto to be exact and constantly wake up to a rash of car thefts in the area what a shame hard-working folks have to go through this length to protect their assets. The put the car in the garage is a poor reply from police and others giving advice Like you said will not fit and other toys in there as well.

I think the steering wheel lock is well it worth the hundred dollars.
Thanks for the reply! I’m just north of Toronto and I’m constantly worried it’s going to get stolen…. It seems the cops have basically thrown in the towel on even trying to do anything about this issue too. They just tell you once it’s stolen you’ll never get it back. Such a joke. It Wouldn’t be such an issue if there was actually trucks available and insurance would get you a new one but we know that will never happen.

I’ve never heard of an OBD port lock until now. I just googled it and seems worth the investment. What did the dealer charge? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m going to get a club ordered up as well. I know I’ve heard of the thieves just cutting them off but hopefully it’s just one more deterrent like you said.

curious as to what the person for covering your VIN is? I have no idea how they hack the key fobs and the trucks. I just assumed they used some sort of app outside your truck to connect to it

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Whenever I have to park in a questionable area, I take everything of value out of my truck and leave the doors unlocked (no broken windows).

AND... take my Fuel Pump relay with me.

It's easy to remove. It fits in my pocket. You can't start the truck without it and NO car thief carries one with them.

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
this is what I bought for mine. It was also a match for my race red XLT Sport.

Ford F-150 Steering wheel lock ( anti theft) suggestions?? 1657470352025

Ford F-150 Steering wheel lock ( anti theft) suggestions?? 1657470418849

Ford F-150 Steering wheel lock ( anti theft) suggestions?? 1657470483086

Sponsored

Boss1309

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Boss 302 Mustang,2010 Taurus, 2022 F150 Plati
The OBD port lock I purchase from the dealer is by Sherlock not available anywhere else except through dealers kind of pricey at $300.

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
The OBD port lock I purchase from the dealer is by Sherlock not available anywhere else except through dealers kind of pricey at $300.
Thank you!
I called the ford dealership in Newmarket and he said they sell the Sherlock one for $114. Going to buy it this week
Sponsored