First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Jesse, at the risk of asking a dumb question: How do you see such things using the VIN? Do you need Technician level access to a Ford site?
Yes. Access to Ford's PTS (Professional Technician Society) website allows certain things to be seen, having access to FDRS (Ford Diagnostic & Repair System) allows you to see even more in depth into a truck's insides. This information is not readily available to the public.
Sponsored

Doublet

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 502A Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Development
Most haven’t. It’s a gateway update. I think I’m the OPs case it was a failure to configure. The module reconfigs after the update. I’m betting theirs had a issue during the config. I wanted the vin so I could check the OTA status and if anything happened in fords view
What is a “gateway update”? Just curious as I have never heard the term before and I just received the priority update 22-pu0727-v1-FXA. I don’t have blue cruise yet (that I know of).

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
What is a “gateway update”? Just curious as I have never heard the term before and I just received the priority update 22-pu0727-v1-FXA. I don’t have blue cruise yet (that I know of).
The gateway module (GWM) is one of many modules on our trucks that can receive OTA updates. This particular module is responsible for facilitating communication with other modules within the vehicle's module network. He was referring to an update for that particular module.

It's incredible how much I've learned about all this in the past few months I've been dealing with trying to get my updates to work. lol

TMCCOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX
Based on this information, I turned off automatic updates as well. The opportunity to research updates prior to updating the truck is probably a good thing.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning. 2009 Escape Hybrid.
I haven't had any troubles on my 2021 F150. But on my Escape, when something really weird happened, just unhooking the battery for 30 seconds, then hooking it up again, always fixed it.
Being able to scan your modules with ODB scanner may save you lots of frustration, if it turns out one is bad.
Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lonewolf

Lonewolf

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired from IBM
A software update happened over night. Got in My truck this morning and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Couldn't drive it. Towed the dealership. So upset with Ford every update screws something up
Well folks turns out the software update happened to coincide with another problem that is the real problem. Looks like a critter got under the hood somewhere and crewed up well over $2k worth of wires and hoses. I had looked under the hood and didn't see anything but when the service guy started taking things apart he found a small nest. My truck never sits but over night so either the critter made multiple visists or it was really fast at building its nest. I jumped on the software update as the problem because I have had nothing but problems every time.
I want to apologize for the misinformation.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Well folks turns out the software update happened to coincide with another problem that is the real problem. Looks like a critter got under the hood somewhere and crewed up well over $2k worth of wires and hoses. I had looked under the hood and didn't see anything but when the service guy started taking things apart he found a small nest. My truck never sits but over night so either the critter made multiple visists or it was really fast at building its nest. I jumped on the software update as the problem because I have had nothing but problems every time.
I want to apologize for the misinformation.
Damn mice chew on wires because they are soy based and tasty. Mice chewed on engine bay wiring on my 3 month old car while parked in my garage. Happens a lot, but I am sorry it happened to you.
Sponsored