Sponsored

Smoked side windows. Not tinted with a film?

NESK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4
Ouch. Same laws here in Alberta. I'm at 30%. Can I ask if you were pulled over specifically just for the tint? I've had many police officers pass me or sitting beside me at red lights and haven't had an issue yet. *knocks on wood* This isn't my first vehicle with tint either.

IMG_3691.JPG
I'm not OP but also in Sask, I've been pulled over specifically for tint 4 times between two trucks. The last time I had 35% and had a cop cross through the ditch with no approach on the trans Canada and drive 180km/h to catch up to me to give me nothing but a tint ticket. After that I said screw it and took it off for good. Cops here watch for it like hawks for some reason.

Seems like Alberta is a lot more lax about tint, same laws but it's not uncommon to see dark tint when I drive through Alberta.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 780

NESK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4
Wondering if anyone makes a side window that is factory smoked “tinted” that is not done with a film.
Where I live it’s illegal to have tinted side windows because they don’t shatter into small pieces.
So if I have factory smoked glass like the rear windows it would then be legal.
Anyone know of any options?
Thanks!
Ford F-150 Smoked side windows. Not tinted with a film? Window
Ford F-150 Smoked side windows. Not tinted with a film? stam

So I was able to find some factory front tinted windows for my 2013 F150. Made exact same as the back windows, same darkness and no film on them. You'll still get pulled over for them most likely in Sask but there's a chance the cop won't give you a ticket at least.

OP
OP
ToTheDuals

ToTheDuals

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Account Manager
Haha. Nice work NESK!

these would probably work. Get pulled over all the time probably but they couldn’t give you a ticket in SASK anyway.

I just left my tint film on and paid the ticket. If I get pulled over again I’ll just pay another ticket. Lol.

Reactions: 780

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Factory privacy tint on the 2021 Lariat is illegal in Kansas as too dark in rear and rear sides but since it is factory it is overlooked. Tint does nothing to reduce UV or IR heat, for that you need film and the way to go is nano ceramic. I posted pictures elsewhere. Put XPEL nano ceramic 70% all around less a 5% eyebrow and 35% on front door windows. Noticed reduced interior heat and reduced oncoming headlight glare. BTW, our troopers tint at 20% (illegal) on both cruisers and their private vehicles. My dealer has the local contract and they like XPEL Prime Plus.