First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Does anyone else have any problems with the functionality of the Securialert feature available in Fordpass. Everything appears to be there on the app screen. I can set a schedule I can slide the bar to turn feature on but when I do it never really turns on. So, it appears the interface is on my app but there's no actual connectivity to the truck. @Jesse-Infotainment is it possible that there's corruption in my GWM that will allow the feature to show up in the app but not actually function. I don't know where to start to correct this problem. I'm not going to the dealer though at least not until I get my securialert feature back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordphanatic

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Ford F-150 Securialert Not working Screenshot_20220430-084902_FordPass
this is what I see in the app but it does nothing with my truck. All other features of Fordpass appear to work.

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Mine used to work great when it first was added. Now it don’t seem to work. It is set as usual but on the Home Screen it don’t say it’s on and it don’t seem to work. I liked the feature when it works.

OP
OP
Fordphanatic

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Mine used to work great when it first was added. Now it don’t seem to work. It is set as usual but on the Home Screen it don’t say it’s on and it don’t seem to work. I liked the feature when it works.
I Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Have not had a problem since. Not sure If it was a coincidence or not but it stopped working after a GWM update. After reinstall of app from playstore I haven't had a problem.

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
What was the GWM update ?

Sponsored

Coopaloopa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 501A Sport
Not showing up in my app, I just activated my truck last night and securialert is not showing in the app. Any advice?

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
It stopped working again. Very frustrating.

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
Only oddities I have experienced is delayed (or false?) alerts. Like I'll get home and lock up and go inside and 2-3 minutes later I get an alert that the door was opened. It's rare but it's happened.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I turned mine on last night with an all day schedule, currently shows on in Fordpass.
Opened the door and no messages. Doesn’t seem to do anything.

Sponsored

ksimon123451

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Try enable the security on your truck with the doors unlocked and place your keys away from the truck, then go open the door. I think if you have the keys on you it will no longer send notifications.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Try enable the security on your truck with the doors unlocked and place your keys away from the truck, then go open the door. I think if you have the keys on you it will no longer send notifications.
Oh how I wish that was true with my truck!

I admit to have gotten really fast at deleting a day's worth of securialerts at a time, it would be great if the alert was avoided if the Fob was sensed.

Last edited:

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Interesting, I don’t see Securialert even available for me in FordPass. It was available and worked fine in my former 2021. Not sure what’s up with my 2022.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's suggested in another thread that a GWM update is either needed or may have caused Securalert issues, but it's still theory.

I do recall a brief stint where it quit working on my 2022, but returned to function without my intervention.
I had a previous 2021 and it seemed to be pretty reliable.

Sounds like the recent rash of software development on the app and the trucks has it inconsistent.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Well, turns out I may have misunderstood what its meant to do, maybe due to the name. I mistakenly assumed it was to notify owner in the event of unauthorized entry such as break ins or someone opening the doors to look for free merch if accidentally left unlocked. Seems a reasonable use case for wanting to be notified. Like: Hey…come save me, someone is up to no good.

But next day when I went down with the fob to drive away, couple minutes later I got the (very misnamed) ‘alert’.
Then again on return trip. ‘hey dude…you just got in your truck …case you didn’t know’
But not 2 hours later when someone (me) went down to remove a pair of sunglasses (no fob unlocked).

Then again today when leaving to drop off at dealer for some untold horrors. Then a couple hours later when the said horrors commenced.

So it seems designed to let the owner / authorized agent know that they just opened the door in case they were completely unaware they just opened the door??

If someone had opened it unlocked in my driveway to rummage around…nothing.

I think I’m missing how this is at all helpful or could be bucketed as a security feature when it’s fob present notification.

Thoughts ?
Sponsored