Saved Money Because Of This Forum

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I want to thank everyone for the shared information on this forum. I just tallied it up and between the x-plan pricing i learned about here through Mustang Club and using Flood Ford for ESP, i've saved nearly $10k off the price of the truck versus what I would have paid for MSRP and the cost of the ESP the dealer was offering. Those numbers are a bit inflated since I would have never paid MSRP, but it goes to show you what a little research can do to save you a bit of money when making a purchase like this.
Sponsored

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
This forum saved me THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on my truck as well!

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I think for some people this forum likely cost them money by upgrading to the Limited powerboost (I didn't do this but seems like most forum members bought expensive trucks)

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I too saved a lot of money. First, I went with Albert at Granger Ford for my truck. That was a big savings over what I could get locally. Second, I am going to use one of Flood, Ziegler to buy ESP - and that’s a big saving too. More than that, it helped me figure out what options to get and how to keep the payload to an acceptable amount...

So, huge help!

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I saw what prices people were getting here and saved over $9k off MSRP on my order because I didn't settle for a bad price. I'm also going to save $1500+ on ESP because of you guys too. This place is awesome

Sponsored

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
I saw what prices people were getting here and saved over $9k off MSRP on my order because I didn't settle for a bad price. I'm also going to save $1500+ on ESP because of you guys too. This place is awesome
My truck is at my railyard and I am going to have to deal with the add ons and ESP in a few days I think. May I ask what the dealer wanted for an ESP and what your ESP from whom cost? 1500 sounds good to me. Thx.

OP
OP
mrtrav

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
My truck is at my railyard and I am going to have to deal with the add ons and ESP in a few days I think. May I ask what the dealer wanted for an ESP and what your ESP from whom cost? 1500 sounds good to me. Thx.
My dealer wanted somewhere in the ballpark of $2,500 for 5yr/60k.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer quoted me a "special" which was roughly 2x what Flood listed in their tables. He said he cannot match it and that I should go with Flood.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
My dealer wanted somewhere in the ballpark of $2,500 for 5yr/60k.
My dealer tried the 3500 for 8/100,000
That did not fly at all
I showed the finance guy a quote for 2100, and he said the best he could do was 2400.
I did not get a “High End” pickup so their profit margin not so high.
So, I thought what the hell, and let them have it. That way everything was done and paid for when I took it home.

I probably lose more than that 300 every year when she checks pockets before laundry. ( nobody messes with the loose $$ I leave laying about the house, but once the cloths are in the basket, that money is fair game)

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
My first savings from the forums was to get it down to x-plan (basically invoice), as the dealers likely would have started near MSRP.

Second, learning about how to get a PCO and after mine expired, another forum member donated a popup so I was able to get my $2k back (truck took so long I couldn't use my original $2k).

Third, learning that the Flood (et al) ESP is a LEGIT Ford plan is saving tons! (like multiple thousands)

Fourth, the forum member discount offered on my tonneau saved over $200 for me.

Lastly, learning we can use our Fordpass points toward the ESP saves another $200!

So overall I'm pushing toward $10k of potential total savings just by educating on these forums. Maybe I would have saved some of this anyway but that's all speculation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mrtrav

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
My first savings from the forums was to get it down to x-plan (basically invoice), as the dealers likely would have started near MSRP.

Second, learning about how to get a PCO and after mine expired, another forum member donated a popup so I was able to get my $2k back (truck took so long I couldn't use my original $2k).

Third, learning that the Flood (et al) ESP is a LEGIT Ford plan is saving tons! (like multiple thousands)

Fourth, the forum member discount offered on my tonneau saved over $200 for me.

Lastly, learning we can use our Fordpass points toward the ESP saves another $200!

So overall I'm pushing toward $10k of potential total savings just by educating on these forums. Maybe I would have saved some of this anyway but that's all speculation.
I forgot to include the savings on tonneau and using FordPass for ESP as well. You’re lucky, the PCO was not in the cards for me.

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Information Technology
This thread is super helpful, thanks to those who posted how they saved money. I knew about x plan but figured since my I didn’t have it through my employer I wasn’t eligible. I signed up for Mustang Club of America. The website says you can’t use xplan for 90 days, however I was able to generate an xplan pin for myself from Ford.com.
Does anyone know if the 90 days is enforced?

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
My dealer quoted me a "special" which was roughly 2x what Flood listed in their tables. He said he cannot match it and that I should go with Flood.
got my truck and same answer. will go with flood.
Sponsored