Sponsored

Same starter if you have Auto Stop Start Factory Delete?

Red Dog

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Curious if those of us who got the Auto Stop Start (ASS) deleted from the factory have the same starter as those with ASS?
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
The sales person told me yes
:ROFLMAO:

(Sorry, nothing personal, but I couldn't help myself seeing as how sales persons are known to [not] be authoritative resources for anything technical about vehicles)

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
:ROFLMAO:

(Sorry, nothing personal, but I couldn't help myself seeing as how sales persons are known to [not] be authoritative resources for anything technical about vehicles)
When I was shopping for my previous F-150 in 2017 a Ford salesman in SoCal told me that STX versions are slightly smaller than other F-150s, in between Rangers and F-150s :LOL:

Sponsored

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I can't imagine that they would have two different starters at this point.

But... when I asked my mechanic if I actually had a “High Output” alternator included with the “Snow Plow Option” he checked my alternator, looked it up and confirmed that you DO indeed get $100.00+/- worth of more alternator for the fifty bucks they charge for the Snow Plow option. (I think he was just as curious as I was)

PLUS the 50Amp wiring harness, wired directly into the factory fusebox.

But he couldn’t (or didn’t have time to) confirm the “Front Suspension” upgrade.

I’d ask the Ford Mechanic to check, next time you bring it in.

I can’t imagine why anyone would order a new F150 without the Snow Plow option.

It NEVER snows where I live. I’ll never install a Snow Plow but for $50.00… damn!

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
when I asked my mechanic if I actually had a “High Output” alternator included with the “Snow Plow Option” he checked my alternator, looked it up and confirmed that you DO indeed get $100.00+/- worth of more alternator for the fifty bucks they charge for the Snow Plow option.
Just FYI per the Workshop Manual Section 414-02 Generator and Regulator Specifications, the 5.0 and the 3.5EB alternator gets bumped up to 225A rated (145A @ 625RPM) with any of the following options
  • Climate controlled seats
  • AC power outlet socket
  • Snowplow prep (requires 5.0)
Only the police / Raptor / Tremor get an even higher output alternator with 240A rated (149A @ 625RPM)

Nope, I can't find any reference to different / multiple starter specs for any given engine in the WSM (with / without ASS are probably the same for any given engine)

Last edited:

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I can't imagine that they would have two different starters at this point.

But... when I asked my mechanic if I actually had a “High Output” alternator included with the “Snow Plow Option” he checked my alternator, looked it up and confirmed that you DO indeed get $100.00+/- worth of more alternator for the fifty bucks they charge for the Snow Plow option. (I think he was just as curious as I was)

PLUS the 50Amp wiring harness, wired directly into the factory fusebox.

But he couldn’t (or didn’t have time to) confirm the “Front Suspension” upgrade.

I’d ask the Ford Mechanic to check, next time you bring it in.

I can’t imagine why anyone would order a new F150 without the Snow Plow option.

It NEVER snows where I live. I’ll never install a Snow Plow but for $50.00… damn!
Doesn't it also delete the active front air dam? I know deleting it is a positive to some but it would explain why the net cost of snow plow is low. I never looked but I assume it's like 100 other things I couldn't get with 6.5 box anyhow.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I thought I read you would get a different transfer case with snow plow prep. You would not have 4A with plow pk.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
5.0 with ASS ML3Z11002E

5.0 without ASS ML3Z11002E

So yes. they are.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Red Dog

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thanks for the information Jesse! Hopefully then the starter will last as long or longer than my 2004 5.4L starter did, about 320,000 miles.

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
Thanks for the information Jesse! Hopefully then the starter will last as long or longer than my 2004 5.4L starter did, about 320,000 miles.

I was just asking about this. I have the auto start-stop delete on my custom order and it is my hope that I still get the starter for auto start-stop as it is my understanding that it is designed with higher durability in mind.

From what I was told, we just lose the button and the related programming.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Just FYI per the Workshop Manual Section 414-02 Generator and Regulator Specifications, the 5.0 and the 3.5EB alternator gets bumped up to 225A rated (145A @ 625RPM) with any of the following options
  • Climate controlled seats
  • AC power outlet socket
  • Snowplow prep (requires 5.0)
Only the police / Raptor / Tremor get an even higher output alternator with 240A rated (149A @ 625RPM)

Nope, I can't find any reference to different / multiple starter specs for any given engine in the WSM (with / without ASS are probably the same for any given engine)
Well there it is…

Climate controlled seats and AC power outlet socket ISN’T available in a Regular Cab Short Bed.
…Along with a crap load of OTHER stuff I would love to have and would have been happy to pay for!

But considering all the “stuff” they’re deleting from the 22/23 models that I DID get on my 21… I feel pretty lucky.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Doesn't it also delete the active front air dam? I know deleting it is a positive to some but it would explain why the net cost of snow plow is low. I never looked but I assume it's like 100 other things I couldn't get with 6.5 box anyhow.
Snow plow prep deletes auto air dam.

I just have a normal little front spoiler on my 22 RCBS with snow plow prep.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
So would a build without the snow plow prep and with AC power outlet sockets maintain the active air dams while still offering the improved alternator capacity?
Sponsored