• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The Porsche absolutely "had issues" and set a great time despite those issues by having EA and Porsche engineers on speed dial.
And they were able to instruct the drivers on how to use the system which worked better than the Tesla system allowing for faster charging than the OOS crew got with the Model S on the same run. Go figure.

Just got done using EA in Warrenton while I shopped at Fred's before ride home, was able to save the stop at the Tesla charger in Seaside and 20 minutes. That's how real world works vs. the imaginings of those who don't use it. Also could have charged at Chargepoint (1) and EVgo (2) along the route. Options are good.

This guy had no Porsche or EA engineers available but he was able to circumnavigate US and Canada, 11,000 miles and this was one of the first Taycan.

"Porsche Taycan Turbo Owner Completes Epic 11,000-Mile Road Trip. Who says the Porsche Taycan isn't a good road trip EV?"

A few folks here with no experience with charging at EA say that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
few folks here with no experience with charging at EA say that.
And the guy you keep citing as your main source said just a week ago that he’s nervous that his parents will get stranded somewhere because of EA issues, despite his experience and the fact that his parents have now owned 3 different VW ID.4s, have made videos about charging, and are quite experienced themselves.

“No issues once you figure it out” is bad info according to your own source.

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
This conversation is just going in circles at this point. For the love of everything holy just move past it.
EA will *probably* work for *most* people *most* of the time. But...
Tesla's network nobody even questions at this point.

That is the difference. In another few years maybe EA will get to that point. Its the combination of plentiful, reliable, and informed that takes time to develop.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Actually its why i loved the cybertruck. 600 mile range = 250mile towing? Yes i do stop but dont forget, when towing, charging stations will MOST LIKELY not accomodate RV's meaning you need to unhitch and hitch each time to charge.
While this is true of some charging stations, Electrify America is setting up their new stations with trailers in mind. I have seen many of the newer installations that will accommodate trailers. I still think it will be inconvenient to use some of these but unhitching will not be necessary.

Ford F-150 Lightning RV Trailer Towing With F-150 Lightning - Considerations & Discussions IMG_7280

Ford F-150 Lightning RV Trailer Towing With F-150 Lightning - Considerations & Discussions IMG_7613
Ford F-150 Lightning RV Trailer Towing With F-150 Lightning - Considerations & Discussions IMG_7977

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
EA will *probably* work for *most* people *most* of the time. But...
Tesla's network nobody even questions at this point.

That is the difference. In another few years maybe EA will get to that point. Its the combination of plentiful, reliable, and informed that takes time to develop.
Tesla also just increased their charging cost by 30%. Because they can.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Great discussion of the physics of towing.

He leaves out a few key considerations but otherwise a good video.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
And the guy you keep citing as your main source said just a week ago that he’s nervous t
Nope. Kyle Conners parents drive Tesla’s. As Kyle demonstrated, EA was able to work even better than Tesla in both availability and speed of chargers in the two linked tests above.

As we saw from the other linked references, SIX F150’s were able to roll into an EA and start charging as PlugNPlay.

So F150 owners have plenty of unbiased real world examples to know EA will keep them on the road.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Nope. Kyle Conners parents drive Tesla’s.
Please do a little research next time before you're so confidently wrong. They have owned Teslas. They have also owned three ID.4s, exactly like I said.

That's why Kyle said, just a few days ago, that he's worried about them having issues on trips with CCS/EA in their ID.4. Feel free to watch the video where he said that.

EA is a good network. I plan to use it for trips in my Lightning. Your claim is not accurate, however, that it has "no issues once you figure it out".

Watch the video above starting at 30:00. Kyle, your own source, debunks your "better than Tesla" and "no issues" claims.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
[EA is a good network. I plan to use it for trips in my Lightning. Your claim is not accurate, however, that it has "no issues once you figure it out".
It is accurate per Conners videos above and results. As we see all the tests where he used it, it beat Tesla’s chargers, allowing the Porsche and Kia to beat Tesla on long cross country runs.

ID 4’s are very recent and again, no EA issues….a trend.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
It is accurate per Conners videos and results. As we see all the tests where he used it, it beat Tesla’s chargers, allowing the Porsche and Kia to beat Tesla.

Watch the video above starting at 30:00. Kyle, your own source, debunks your "better than Tesla" and "no issues" claims.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
ChasingCoral

The photos don't seem to be overly easy to use with a trailer. Maybe I don't get it.

The only video I saw of a perfect pull through like a normal gas station was some Superchargers and one of the F150 ad's where the happy young couple pull an airstream.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
="Watch the video above starting at 30:00. Kyle, your own source, debunks your "better than Tesla" and "no issues" claims.
But no issues running across country Using EA and getting better results than Tesla in real world in regard to location, speed and availability

And his Dad with the few months old ID4 has had no issues with EA.

All we need to know.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
ChasingCoral

The photos don't seem to be overly easy to use with a trailer. Maybe I don't get it.

The only video I saw of a perfect pull through like a normal gas station was some Superchargers and one of the F150 ad's where the happy young couple pull an airstream.
First photo seems like a trailer would be not too bad to use, just pulling through on the far left. But yeah, the other ones look like you could pull in, but would probably block other people in on the sides or something.

Hopefully they build more like the first one! And hopefully the Tesla Superchargers open up to non-Teslas just to have more options that may be trailer friendly.

Some are just a little more trailer friendly than others even if they weren't specifically designed for trailers, so more options is better!

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
But no issues running across country Using EA and getting better results than Tesla in real world in regard to location, speed and availability
Again, wrong. The current Model S Plaid record holder is substantially faster than both the Porsche and Kia times... and they had to have EA/Porsche on speed dial in order to set that time because of the issues they were having.

And his Dad with the few months old ID4 has had no issues with EA.

All we need to know.
Wrong.

I won't be responding to you anymore on this topic. You're willing to say anything, even just make things up and say them confidently, as long as it fits your narrative.

People can read the above posts and look at the videos/tweets from your own source and come to their own conclusion about your claim that EA has "no issues once you figure it out."
Sponsored