Corwin Ford of Reno >>> Dealer Hall of Shame

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
My parents brought their 2021 F150 in to get a simple oil change and get Blue Cruise installed after Ford re-opened the dealer installation campaign (it's a 2021 with Prep package that never received it).

This was prompted by an email from Ford saying that dealers were again installing Blue Cruise; we didn't just walk in and demand the software update for free because we felt like it...

They asked for $800!!

Additionally they asked for another $280 to replace a 30 cent bolt and washer on an aftermarket swaybar.

They will not return my calls after my parents left the truck with them and naively agreed to the service before heading off to an important medical appointment.

These tactics are why Ford Corporate wants to crack down on dealers...
Sponsored

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Activating bluecruise takes almost no time at all -- a truck that hasn't had any updates needs a good 14 hours or so to update. The actual human time involved is a maybe an hour or so at most. It takes maybe 5 minutes to actually start updates. Nothing surprises me about dealers though -- it's why I've done my best to avoid them for more than a decade. Scumbags gonna scumbag though.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
My parents brought their 2021 F150 in to get a simple oil change and get Blue Cruise installed after Ford re-opened the dealer installation campaign (it's a 2021 with Prep package that never received it).

This was prompted by an email from Ford saying that dealers were again installing Blue Cruise; we didn't just walk in and demand the software update for free because we felt like it...

They asked for $800!!

Additionally they asked for another $280 to replace a 30 cent bolt and washer on an aftermarket swaybar.

They will not return my calls after my parents left the truck with them and naively agreed to the service before heading off to an important medical appointment.

These tactics are why Ford Corporate wants to crack down on dealers...
Stop payment on the check or dispute the credit card charge and try to get it resolved - first locally with the service manager or general manager, and if no luck, escalate to Ford corporate.

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
Corwin of Reno is the absolute worst. We took

our escape in to have them fix the issue where deep sleep turned on every night. And the passenger side passive entry handle stopped working. Luckily this work was under warrantee, because they didn't fix either issue with a bunch of excuses why. We tried calling back several times with no response. We also brought up that after their work the first time the windows would not auto up.

Finally when we took the car down to show them they scheduled an appointment for us a couple months out, because they are too busy.

Just so happens by the time the appointment came around the Escape was out of warrantee and they would not accept that when we brought it in it was still under warrantee.

We had a couple other issues like the sunroof interior cover broke and doesn't open. They want 200 upfront to diagnose each individual item that we listed, so we only had them work on the deep sleep and door handle.

They fixed the door handle for a huge amount and said they fixed deep sleep for a lot more. But, I think they just charged the battery. The issue started back up a couple days later. Instead of fighting them about it I just went down to AutoZone and bought the bigger battery. Have not had the issue since.

We probably go back to the Stealership again unless we absolutely have to.

I hear that Capital Ford from Carson City is building a building in Reno. I can't wait.

OP
OP
dmac

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gearhead!
Corwin of Reno is the absolute worst. We took

our escape in to have them fix the issue where deep sleep turned on every night. And the passenger side passive entry handle stopped working. Luckily this work was under warrantee, because they didn't fix either issue with a bunch of excuses why. We tried calling back several times with no response. We also brought up that after their work the first time the windows would not auto up.

Finally when we took the car down to show them they scheduled an appointment for us a couple months out, because they are too busy.

Just so happens by the time the appointment came around the Escape was out of warrantee and they would not accept that when we brought it in it was still under warrantee.

We had a couple other issues like the sunroof interior cover broke and doesn't open. They want 200 upfront to diagnose each individual item that we listed, so we only had them work on the deep sleep and door handle.

They fixed the door handle for a huge amount and said they fixed deep sleep for a lot more. But, I think they just charged the battery. The issue started back up a couple days later. Instead of fighting them about it I just went down to AutoZone and bought the bigger battery. Have not had the issue since.

We probably go back to the Stealership again unless we absolutely have to.

I hear that Capital Ford from Carson City is building a building in Reno. I can't wait.
Yes. Capital Ford is awesome. I bring my own oil, $27 for full service including oil filter. They also get me out within an hour.

Sponsored

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
If you like I have the email address of an actual Corwin, if you want it I will PM it to you.

A long story but when I purchased my truck from Corwin (not their Reno location) a rebate was not honored and they snuck in an oil change maintenance program, which; wife, daughter and I, who were all there, thought we were getting gratis. No mention of a charge for it.

Emailed him and 1/2 hour later got a phone call from the sales manager refunding all of it. Just needed to be polite but factual with the information as to what occurred.

I am probably one of the few that got the purchase price reduced after the sale was finial.

OP
OP
dmac

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gearhead!
If you like I have the email address of an actual Corwin, if you want it I will PM it to you.

A long story but when I purchased my truck from Corwin (not their Reno location) a rebate was not honored and they snuck in an oil change maintenance program, which; wife, daughter and I, who were all there, thought we were getting gratis. No mention of a charge for it.

Emailed him and 1/2 hour later got a phone call from the sales manager refunding all of it. Just needed to be polite but factual with the information as to what occurred.

I am probably one of the few that got the purchase price reduced after the sale was finial.
Thanks Walter. If I get a hold of the service advisor today and do not make any progress I may take you up on this. Appreciate the offer.

Btw, this used to be Jones West Ford which was more well known for selling drugs on test drives, so atleast Corwin Ford is out of the drug business, even if they rip off their customers...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nv/pr/...guilty-prescription-drug-distribution-charges

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
I peeled off my “Corwin” tramp stamp as my daughter calls it.

Had a small tail gate issue went to Kendall Ford.
Service manager was funny!

I said: Not that it matters but I purchased the truck at another dealer, just wanted to be up front with you. My daughter purchased her Bronco here and I like the way you operate.

He said: “I saw the shadow outline of the other dealers sticker, when we looked at the tailgate, wasn’t going to say anything, I didn’t want to embarrass you!”

Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Sadly this is becoming more and more often with terrible service. The 2 dealerships around me are really bad too. Awful service. Ford really needs to step in

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
Just contact Ford Corporate directly. Don't even deal with the snakes at the dealership.
Corporate doesn’t care I first called them with my issue. Filed a complaint absolutely no follow up at all by Ford!

Corwin also said to me we will honor the original deal, but you must promise to give us five stars on the corporate customer satisfaction review.

As a result I never responded to the survey.

OP
OP
dmac

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gearhead!
Update:

The front desk lady finally talked to the service advisor (who she still won't let me talk to), and said the $800 "service" has already been performed. Asked if I still want the Blue Cruise recall done, as it would take another week.

You've got to be kidding me.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I've heard horror stories about that place.

But then... I've heard great things about Grainger Ford so I emailed them about a trade in (upgrade) and someone responded right away saying that I would hear from them "soon".

2-months later... "crickets".

So I went back to the dealership I've used for 20+ years in Healdsburg, CA and remembered why every new Ford I've ever purchased in my life came from them!

John861

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Unfortunately, there isn't much Ford can do about bad dealers. Franchise laws give the dealers free reign to screw us. I am fortunate to live in an area with quite a few dealers within reasonable driving distance. One is tolerable for sales, and another is tolerable for service and parts. I think I would prefer the Tesla approach of corporate dealers only. Then at least corporate can step in and fix problems with any unreasonable locals.
Sponsored