First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
What has the group's experience with Ford Roadside Assistance been like? Can you trust them to help you or should I upgrade my AAA service plan?
Thoughts from the group please.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i had an event back in 2012
my 2010 f150 died at a gas station
i called coachnet as i was with our bus on a trip, bus was at cg, we were stopped in truck at gas station on way back to cg
coachnet called ford as it was still in the coverage
they sent a SCARY assss hillbille dude in a flat bed, it was summer so outside was over 98 and his wrecker had zero ac, . one bench seat that was sticky
wife was squeezed in between him and me
my truck was hanging on by one strap as he drove over 75 mph about 40 miles to nearest ford place
SCARED the crap out of us

dropped out truck at ford dealer, where they already had a rental / loaner waiting
got back to bus a few hrs later
dealer called next day had parts sent from austin (about 3 hrs away) and dealer got truck all good the next day and we traded cars and off we went
so other than the scary crazy wrecker driver
ford did what was needed and got us where we needed to be

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I am guessing that it all depends on geographic location when Roadside assistance is needed.

In some areas there might be great response by wrecker service. In others it could be a nightmare?

azdub1

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum 5.0L
Occupation
lodging quality / operations
I was 3 weeks into ownership of my new-to-me 21 Plati when it went psycho and started thumping (the speakers) and lights were going crazy. No error codes, nothing...just wouldn't crank. Thumping dissipated after 40 mins. Neighbors came out to see what the hell the awful noise was. Of course this was at 515pm right as dealership service depts were about to close or were closed. I called a few and nobody had a clue about what was happening except 4th dealer I called. He said get it towed here and I'll take care of it. I hadn't even downloaded FordPass app yet! I do have to say it was super easy to request roadside once I got past my hour of freaking out about my "new" truck. I got to request whichever dealer I wanted it towed to, even though it was 45 miles away. He came a few hours later and it was dropped at service dept under a post light (by my request lol) for visibility and I tipped him via Venmo separately. He was excellent and did everything I asked. I was able to track the tow via the app, though the gps is a tad outdated. Lol. But, side note, I also have AAA just in case.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I am guessing that it all depends on geographic location when Roadside assistance is needed.

In some areas there might be great response by wrecker service. In others it could be a nightmare?
Yep. Both Ford and AAA just sub out the wrecker to local providers. I have never used Fords, but have used AAA, and I dont see how the experience would differ given its going to be a local wrecker coming to help you.
Sponsored