OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
The latest update is that apparently the ABS ring (or something similar/related) on the left wheel has been breaking apart and grenaded the first wheel sensor and then grenaded the second. It's been in the shop now 5 weeks since I took ownership on 2/14. One of the parts is on backorder and is supposed to arrive the dealer on April 4. So, they're replacing that ABS ring (or whatever) along with a second LH rear wheel sensor and associated harness.

My confidence is restored some since it isn't just the same fix again.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
That sucks what happened. But wait a minute, do I spot Alexa on your screen? Do you have the integrated Alexa update?

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That sucks what happened. But wait a minute, do I spot Alexa on your screen? Do you have the integrated Alexa update?
Yes, but I won't use it. I don't need Amazon spying on me. I didn't subscribe to that feature anyway.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And the hits just keep on coming. The part needed to fix my truck (assuming it will fix it) is on backorder. It was supposed to arrive yesterday at the dealer. Of course, neither the dealership nor my Ford rep bothered to tell me this. I had to call and find out. Now it's pushed out to 4/20. So, my truck has now been in the shop for 4+ weeks and will continue to sit for at least two more (reminder, I picked it up on 2/14). I am so pissed right now.

I have talked to my rep about a buyback because if I could walk away from Ford, I would. But, then what? Due to this Wuhan supply mess there's nothing for me to buy off a lot for the discount I received from Granger.

So. Pissed.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
And the hits just keep on coming. The part needed to fix my truck (assuming it will fix it) is on backorder. It was supposed to arrive yesterday at the dealer. Of course, neither the dealership nor my Ford rep bothered to tell me this. I had to call and find out. Now it's pushed out to 4/20. So, my truck has now been in the shop for 4+ weeks and will continue to sit for at least two more (reminder, I picked it up on 2/14). I am so pissed right now.

I have talked to my rep about a buyback because if I could walk away from Ford, I would. But, then what? Due to this Wuhan supply mess there's nothing for me to buy off a lot for the discount I received from Granger.

So. Pissed.
Did they at least supply you with a loaner? I don't think we could manage to be down a vehicle that long. Especially if it occurred during camping season.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did they at least supply you with a loaner? I don't think we could manage to be down a vehicle that long. Especially if it occurred during camping season.
The dealership said they don't have any loaners. FCA always provided me a loaner when I took my Ram in for warranty work that required an overnight stay.
FoMoCo is going to reimburse me 60 bucks a day for a rental. Of course, I can't get a truck rental for that cheap.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
The dealership said they don't have any loaners. FCA always provided me a loaner when I took my Ram in for warranty work that required an overnight stay.
FoMoCo is going to reimburse me 60 bucks a day for a rental. Of course, I can't get a truck rental for that cheap.
Huh. That might make me reconsider Ram....

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's what my service order says:

Removed driver rear axle assembly and found metal shavings that had damaged the tone ring. Removed metal shavings and replaced axle assembly and verified repair.

Part ML3Z*4234*F SHAFT ASY - REAR AXLE

They also did the trailer brake controller recall.

Sponsored

aybe09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Ordered
Well, my truck is ready. I'm hoping I have years and years of trouble-free miles. I'll keep everyone posted.
Hopefully you don't have any more issues come up and get to enjoy the truck without visits to the dealership! Thank you for providing your experience.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
FCA is not providing anything. Loaners are on the dealer. Sounds like you need a better dealer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.