Not open for further replies.

Ranger621

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
Let's start with the good since that won't take long. I scheduled to pick up my 2022 Lariat F-150 today from Granger in Iowa. I drove my 2021 Mazda CX5 up there (spent the night in Des Moines) and was there when they opened. Chip had everything ready and this was the easiest vehicle transaction I have ever had.
20220214_102214.jpg

It took about 20 minutes! Chip went over some things with the truck, we set up MyPass and I was on my way. The truck is comfortable, quiet, and I like the 3.5 Ecoboost. That's all the positives I have. What should have been a great experience turned into the opposite.

The Bad. About 30-40 miles down the road I got a warning ding and I started getting multiple warnings. And the issues are Antilock Brake Fault, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic were all showing yellow icons on the display. I had a traction control yellow icon displayed and I also got a park sensor light on the hard button above the Sync4. I contacted Chip and he wanted me to come back. I really had to get back to DFW because I have to work tomorrow (well, technically, it's now today - 2/15). So, after I realized that I could safely get home, I did. But, the major downsides are no adaptive cruise or regular cruise and no blind spot monitoring. The rest I could live with for now. On an 11 hour drive that truly sucked. I also got a random message that said Check Headlamp System. See Manual. I got that message throughout my trip. Luckily my lights worked so I was able to safely drive in the dark.

Screenshot_20220214-115353_FordPass.jpg

20220214_183523.jpg

The Ugly. Neither Android Auto Waze maps or Google maps knows where the hell I am. Every once in a while it will correct but it will lose its mind and leave I-35 and never come back (I took I-35 from Des Moines all the way into Fort Worth). I used Android Auto and Waze all the way here in my Mazda with zero issues (never had one in the 8 months I owned it). It's not the phone. And so I thought I would just use the Ford Nav and route home but no...it has no idea where the hell I am either. It would be driving off in a field away from where I was and would never correct. You can see the breadcrumbs it was dropping and it was making big circles as I was almost in Fort Worth and it's still way the hell north. I was pretty damn pissed by the time I got home (1130pm Central). I did try wired and wireless Android Auto and the same behavior happened.

20220214_183318.jpg

20220214_224358.jpg

So now I have to figure out where to take it since I never had issues with my 21 F-250. What a horrible first day as a new owner of a Ford F-150. The truck had 24 miles on it when I picked it up. Granger does a quick test drive to ensure everything functions. These issues are NOT on Granger. I now have 784 miles.
Maybe something came unplugged from one of the control modules. Could be a simple fix at any Ford dealer.
Sponsored

Cmill24

First Name
Cort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost 4x4 platinum
welcome to the world of Ford sensor gremlins. I just got a 2021 powerboost platinum from autonation ford frisco in December. I have also had issues with them, but that's another story. My truck is there again right now with some sensor issues on the second go round. I had a spray in put in when I got it and started getting rear back up assist not available warnings every time I would put it in reverse afterward. That seems to have worked its way out over the past few months on its own. When we had the ice storm the other week here in DFW, my proximity sensors were going crazy all over the truck like I was about to hit something in an empty lot even though I didn't have any ice on the sensors. There were so many going off at once it shut down the display going black for a second and then booting back up. That seems to have improved since the weather has become nice again. But I have been fairly annoyed about how often these sensors seem to get jacked information and alert. I don't know what I would do if I lived in a state with snow all the time. Also have had some rattle in the drivers door driving me crazy and some shifting transmission issues. Also check under the truck and see how much rust there is even though its new. I have it on some of the solid metal parts like the transmission housing that I'm not as worried about but there is some on some of the exhaust piping that I am as that could rust through over time. My truck was built in November. There's so much tech on these trucks now that its wonderful when it all works but super annoying when its got bugs.

maywannabuy

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW bus
So I buy a brand new truck that costs 40-?? Thousands of dollars. And I am supposed to check that the fuses were installed properly??
This all seems a bit too crazy for me.
I am sure some people are nothing but happy with their trucks.
I came here because I wanted to buy a new f150. My mind is pretty much made up now!

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
So if wifi is required, does that mean to get full use of CarPlay you'd have to subscribe to Ford's wifi subscription?
So I buy a brand new truck that costs 40-?? Thousands of dollars. And I am supposed to check that the fuses were installed properly??
This all seems a bit too crazy for me.
I am sure some people are nothing but happy with their trucks.
I came here because I wanted to buy a new f150. My mind is pretty much made up now!
You are correct WRT the fuses. Unfortunately it's true. Ford, at the Factory and dealer, all fail concerning the fuses. I got around to checking my fuses today. I haven't had a problem yet, knock on wood, tbut 1/2 to 2/3 of the fuses were not fully seated.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
I wonder what the backup Garmin would say ….. if available.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Well, I just picked up my truck. I got it back a couple of days earlier than the service advisor estimated. I only drove it about 10 miles back to work but so far, so good. KNOCK ON WOOD

Also, the nav seems to be working for both Waze (Android Auto) and the Ford Sync4 Nav.

Blue Truck

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F159 XLT 2.7L
I don’t know where you live but try to drive the truck through as much water, slush and wet road crap to really saturate the under-vehicle wiring.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And the hits just keep on coming. I'm driving yesterday and the same thing happened AGAIN. Warning lights and messages that systems are disabled. I'm getting the SAME LH rear wheel sensor failure (shows in Fordpass). Back to the dealership. I'm now pissed.

Blue Truck

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F159 XLT 2.7L
Is this after doing similar work that was done to my truck? This sucks big time.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
And the hits just keep on coming. I'm driving yesterday and the same thing happened AGAIN. Warning lights and messages that systems are disabled. I'm getting the SAME LH rear wheel sensor failure (shows in Ford pass). Back to the dealership. I'm now pissed.
Hey, Kidder! I would like to look into these warning lights issues you're experiencing with your F-150. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey, Kidder! I would like to look into these warning lights issues you're experiencing with your F-150. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Thank you but I'm already in touch with my FoMoCo customer service rep from the initial issue. I'm also in touch with the dealer.

Interestingly enough, when I drove to work this morning everything "fixed" itself after about 5 miles. I'm not confident this won't happen again, however. My dealer and FoMoCo directed me to take it to the dealer immediately if it happens again.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To keep this thread up to date, on Saturday, the LH wheel sensor went south again taking a bunch of systems with it. Back to the dealer....sigh.

Here's what does NOT function as a refresher:
ABS - in Fordpass this is the fault that says "issue with the signal from the Rear Wheel Sensor LH"
Traction Control
Drive Modes
Parking sensors
Cruise/adaptive cruise
Blind Spot Monitoring
Cross Traffic Alert
Pre-collision assist
Check Headlamp System See Manual

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kidder