Sponsored

Dee Zee DZ701 Under Seat Storage Drawer Good or Bad

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Have any of you here installed the Dee zee under seat tool/stuff drawer? How do you like it? Does it raddle and make noise while driving? does the drawer slide easy with some weight in it? Any input would be great I've read a couple post and watched the youtube video. Just looking for more user input.
Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN, FPD, CCSO
Tagged. That looks like it has possibilities.

OP
OP

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Good info here just looking for people that are not paid to say good thing's. Lol Real world use.

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
I just saw this thread and decided to order one. It should arrive next week and I'll follow up once I get it installed and throw my gear in it.

OP
OP

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I just saw this thread and decided to order one. It should arrive next week and I'll follow up once I get it installed and throw my gear in it.
yeah I’m thinking the same thing just thought I’d see if anybody had one first

Sponsored

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
I'd like to follow up on the storage box after driving around with it for a few weeks now. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

The pros: Fits nice, useful storage capacity, doesn't interfere with rear passenger leg room, doesn't rattle, lockable/relatively secure.

The cons: I replaced all of the aluminum rivets it came with which added some labor to the install. Some of them were a bit loose, so I used some steel rivets (5/16" x .5" IIRC) to tighten up the box. Not a big deal, but I feel like it should have came that way.

WirePro_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX V8 4x4
Occupation
Electrician
Anyone know of this drawer would fit the super cab? I'm interested in buying one.

KTM753

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
I am about to add a 2nd car seat to my back seat and cover up my stationary storage box. This looks like a good option to prevent removing the car seat base to access the under seat area.

OP
OP

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I am about to add a 2nd car seat to my back seat and cover up my stationary storage box. This looks like a good option to prevent removing the car seat base to access the under seat area.
It would be great if you run with your seats down. I have one that is like new I used for about a week and now it just sits in the corner of shop. I never put the seats down and wanted all the floor space for other stuff. If anybody wants one and are in Oregon I would make them a great deal.

staying_tuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Wow, once the video gets to the other side of the truck you can see the tracks eating the plastic guides and at least one rivet plain missing.

Is anyone aware of a similar solution that doesn't seem so poorly built? I really love the concept, BuiltRight or somebody should jump on this.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Anyone know of this drawer would fit the super cab? I'm interested in buying one.
Under Description on this DeeZee webpage:

"Maximize the storage area under the back seat of full-size crew cab trucks."

Yeah, it'd be nice if they made this explicit on the list of Supported Vehicles.

WirePro_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX V8 4x4
Occupation
Electrician
Under Description on this DeeZee webpage:

"Maximize the storage area under the back seat of full-size crew cab trucks."

Yeah, it'd be nice if they made this explicit on the list of Supported Vehicles.
They told me the reason it won't work for the super cab is that the doors don't open far enough. They don't realize the 14th gen's doors open 180 degrees. I'm guessing they think they only open 90 degrees.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
They told me the reason it won't work for the super cab is that the doors don't open far enough. They don't realize the 14th gen's doors open 180 degrees. I'm guessing they think they only open 90 degrees.
Interesting.

But like @bigbulls mentioned in post 9 above, I mostly travel with my SuperCab rear seats folded and really appreciate and use the open flat floor, a lot - so upon consideration of that the nifty drawer is not for me.
Sponsored