Sponsored

Removing trailer sensor

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
Anyone remove the trailer sensor? I sold my boat and trailer and it's stuck on there pretty good.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Anyone remove the trailer sensor? I sold my boat and trailer and it's stuck on there pretty good.
It’s stuck on with 3M VHB tape. The best way I’ve found to cut through this kind of tape and get the sensor off is to use fishing line to saw through the tape. Wear gloves so you can wrap the fishing line around your hands for a good grip and apply pretty good upward or downward pressure, depending on which way you’re approaching the removal.. Once you cut through the tape, the bond is broken and you can remove the residue with your fingernail or a plastic spakle knife. Use some alcohol if the residue is stubborn. Be careful, when you get about halfway through the tape, the sensor will probably come flying off.

OP
OP

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
It’s stuck on with 3M VHB tape. The best way I’ve found to cut through this kind of tape and get the sensor off is to use fishing line to saw through the tape. Wear gloves so you can wrap the fishing line around your hands for a good grip and apply pretty good upward or downward pressure, depending on which way you’re approaching the removal.. Once you cut through the tape, the bond is broken and you can remove the residue with your fingernail or a plastic spakle knife. Use some alcohol if the residue is stubborn. Be careful, when you get about halfway through the tape, the sensor will probably come flying off.
Awesome, I was kinda thinking along those lines. Pun intended 😁
Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.
Sponsored