First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat SCrew FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
IT Director
So I have a new Lariat with power boost and the tow technology package and backup assist. I’ve mounted the new sensor on my pontoon trailer per instructions. When I try and calibrate I drive straight when it tells me, I turn when it says etc. I’ve tried tight turns, general turns, slow turns, fast turns etc and it never succeeds with the calibration? Could it be a bad sensor, could I just not be turning correctly? The sensor is mounted about 18” back from the ball on a dual axle 22’ pontoon trailer. I know an OTA update is supposedly coming to use the stickers but do I have to wait or is there a simple solution I’m missing?
Sponsored

STL_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F-150; 2021 Ford F-150
Mine was super simple to callobrate. Pulled forward on my block. Made the 1st left turn when instructed to do so and that was it. I wasnt in a parking lot. Didnt do anything special. I mounted the sensor to my 25' camper.

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
Sorry for the obvious suggestion, but double check both ends of the wire and that the connectors are fully seated. The cover for the truck end should close against the connector, holding it in place tightly.

OP
OP

Wsaunders2

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat SCrew FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
IT Director
I know the truck side is good. Will recheck the trailer side. May also relocate sensor on trailer as I’ve read of those that got the sensor wet when launching boats and the sensor quit working. Mine hasn’t been connected when launching but you never know I guess.
Sponsored