jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Still a sync 3.
Then I don't think we can really compare the sync 3 to the sync 4 system I am inclined to believe daemonic3's post about it being wireless. Hopefully we can get confirmation from a super duty with a sync 4 and/or a dealer finally taking the initiative to figure out what parts are needed to make this work with the F150.
Sponsored

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
I checked the Ford Canada accessory website last night and noticed that the camera/yaw sensor/tpms setup is now listed for 21s, and confirmed with the dealer that it is a 2021 accessory. Ordered this pn today ML3Z-1A189-e

it also had a listing that did not include a yaw sensor

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I checked the Ford Canada accessory website last night and noticed that the camera/yaw sensor/tpms setup is now listed for 21s, and confirmed with the dealer that it is a 2021 accessory. Ordered this pn today ML3Z-1A189-e

Please report back on your findings once you get it hooked up!

Jeremiah164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost; 2017 Ford Fusion

Did they give you an estimated date? I ordered one online and they don't have an ETA for the parts. They said they're back-ordered from Ford.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did they give you an estimated date? I ordered one online and they don't have an ETA for the parts. They said they're back-ordered from Ford.
they also said back ordered. I’ll see if they have an eta

Sponsored

Jeremiah164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost; 2017 Ford Fusion
they also said back ordered. I’ll see if they have an eta
Were they able to confirm it would work with just your VIN? Mine had a few questions and wanted pictures of the screen showing my camera options. Seems like the main thing was whether there's the bed camera on the cab stop light.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just found out that Ford Canada will not let the dealer order the sensor/camera kit until August 4th

sadness

Jcartwr97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Consulting
Did a search on the accessories.ford.com site today and noticed they are no longer listing any of the add-on camera kits for a 2021 F150.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I have the same thing and found _zero_ information, so after some googling, found this video.

It's the yaw sensor (replaces the earlier "sticker" system from 2020 and earlier.)
It's part of the trailer tow technology package and part of the truck, so you should probably replace it if/when selling, but as you note, it's more for large trailers. I intend to put it on my race trailer (triple axle) that will tax the F-150, but still well within rated limits just to play with it.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UPDATE: back order pushed back to November 18 2021, these are listed as "not in production yet"

Sponsored

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Sorry for the gravedigger, but any new news?
I'm trying to find the camera kit at least. TPMS and yaw would be gravy. I already have a standalone yaw sensor, but I'm find with the sticker or even backing up on my own.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry for the gravedigger, but any new news?
I'm trying to find the camera kit at least. TPMS and yaw would be gravy. I already have a standalone yaw sensor, but I'm find with the sticker or even backing up on my own.
I was hoping someone would comment back with good information by now. I keep looking at ordering the camera kit but would really hate to be tossing out that much money if it doesn't work.

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I emailed with a company that makes kits compatible with the Super Duty's that have the customer placed camera and they're not sure it'll work with our trucks yet or not.
Haven't heard back from my rep from Parts Midwest who supplies Ford dealers with accessories, and the Ford tech hotline was no help either.
I guess we'll have to keep waiting and see when/if Ford releases the accessory.
My shop foreman isn't sure that it will be impossible just because we only have two wires running through the smart trailer connector.
Cars these days pass all kinds of information through fewer wires than before.
Sponsored