Sponsored

Remote Start functions?

AppRolls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost
On my wife’s Outback remote start, she can turn the heated seats on or off, set the cabin temp, and turn the defrosters on. Wanted to make sure that I wasn’t missing something on my F-150. All I can do is start it with the remote start via FordPass.
Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
There are some minor adjustments you can make from the vehicle settings from inside the truck but nothing you can adjust remotely

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
From inside the vehicle you can change the default behavior upon remote start. You can’t change the settings remotely. The app also itself cannot presently control the HVAC system or heated/cooled items remotely on Ford’s ICE vehicles.

I believe the settings let you choose auto, or force heated seats on, or forced cooled seats and AC on when remote started. Auto is the preferred mode, it turns the heated stuff on when it’s cold, the cool stuff on when it’s hot. It also lets you set the duration of remote start. This will impact the vehicle’s behavior regardless of if started via the fob or the app.

Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Speaking of remote start questions. I can only get one , sometimes two remote starts through the pass app before it indicates I must drive the truck before the remote start works again. Anyone get more than this. On my 18 truck you could set a schedule for remote starts, like three or 4 times a night especially when temperatures fall to minus 30 c . ( -22 F ).

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Speaking of remote start questions. I can only get one , sometimes two remote starts through the pass app before it indicates I must drive the truck before the remote start works again. Anyone get more than this. On my 18 truck you could set a schedule for remote starts, like three or 4 times a night especially when temperatures fall to minus 30 c . ( -22 F ).
No, this is pretty standard across all auto start systems.

Did your 18 have an aftermarket auto start?

My 2013 also limited itself to 2 auto starts using the factory equipment.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Same experience here. Both my 18 Sierra SLT and my wife’s 19 Pilot Touring will only start twice

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Great replies. Thanks didn’t know that it’s like a standard since my 18 Lariat was factory remote. Used it a number of times having left things like drink cans in the backseat overnight and didn’t want them to freeze. But then again, it’s possible the truck may have only started twice and didn’t give any notification in the pass that the other starts never occurred.

Ritchie457

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
There are setting buried somewhere in the truck's menu (not in Ford Pass) that will auto-set the climate control. Cold weather does automatically turn on heated seats, for me at least.
My seat warmer activates along with both the heated steering wheel and rear window defogger! Nice on cold mornings before I leave for golf!
Sponsored