OP

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
My Ford pass is no longer giving me the owners manual.
Your owners manual is now part of your Ford Sync. Look through your Sync settings and you’ll see owners manual section
Sponsored

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Forte
Occupation
Ford Software Engineer
Sorry I forgot to update everyone, about a week ago my dealership contacted me that Ford did something OTA and ever since then I have not had a problem.
If anyone is having the same issues I would definitely bring the truck to the dealership for a troubleshoot.
same here...

Same here... "You Must drive your vehicle after two remote starts."
Hi Sean,

Could you share your VIN # with me here or in a DM?

Thanks,
Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Forte
Occupation
Ford Software Engineer
Im also having problems with my FordPass remote start, it spins and spins and eventually times out.
Hello Lisa,

Could you give me any more information on your issue? Does FordPass give you any details on what is causing the behavior? Also, have your remote starts ever worked in the past? Also, if you don't mind please share your VIN # with me in this thread or in a DM.

Thanks,
Matt

jmarc71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
Hey Matt,
I have the same issue ever since i went to the dealer for a recall. Fordpass says warning, vehicule failed to start.

On another note, android auto no longer works. With cable my cam loops in a reboot. Found out that it's the latest chrome update. However, the wireless sync4 doesn't connect. I've downgraded Chrome to be able to use with the cable.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Mike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape 2018
Hello Andre,
Thank you for clarifying. I sent you a DM explaining a bit more about the situation. I can tell you that the team is actively looking into this and I'll try to give updates if/when I can. Ford is off for MLK day on Monday but I hope to make progress on this next week.

For anyone else that may stumble across this thread with similar scenarios I would be interested in knowing about your experiences. If you could leave your VIN# and a description of your issue I'll investigate it if possible.

Thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt same issues my Vin is 1fmcuogd8juc90830 says i can only use 2 remote starts but I have not remote started twice and it says that my car started remotely and the car actually did not start been happening with every version of ford pass sine 2018.

Sponsored

Mike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape 2018
Hey Matt,
I have the same issue ever since i went to the dealer for a recall. Fordpass says warning, vehicule failed to start.

On another note, android auto no longer works. With cable my cam loops in a reboot. Found out that it's the latest chrome update. However, the wireless sync4 doesn't connect. I've downgraded Chrome to be able to use with the cable.

Thanks for your help.
I had the same issue with aa now on car play, seems to work 97% with car play but still has hiccpus with car play 3%-7% of the time

Fiftyfour23

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jumping into this fray: 2021 F150, just got it last Tuesday. Since then, it's started 3 times for me. I have the app set to automatic starts and it's only started once. I usually get a 'failed to connect' message when it doesn't start. The 2nd time it managed to start was from the app (not a scheduled start). One time I even sat in the cabin of the truck and hit start and it wouldn't.

I've reset my Sync4, not because of the app, but because it gave me a blue screen of death a few days ago when I hooked my phone up to it. Thus, it disconnected the truck from Ford Pass, so I had to reconnect it. It started once after that reset and never again. Done even get me started on how Sync4 and iTunes interact with each other....

My g/f has an 18 Explorer that she uses car pass for and it works like a charm FYI.

I was told at the dealership I didn't need a traditional remote start because of this app. I live in Wisconsin, so this is really going to irritate the hell out of me come winter.

The app knows exactly where my truck is right now, so the app works partially I guess....

1ftex1eb2mkd68479

Tpd

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape SE
Hello Andre,
Thank you for clarifying. I sent you a DM explaining a bit more about the situation. I can tell you that the team is actively looking into this and I'll try to give updates if/when I can. Ford is off for MLK day on Monday but I hope to make progress on this next week.

For anyone else that may stumble across this thread with similar scenarios I would be interested in knowing about your experiences. If you could leave your VIN# and a description of your issue I'll investigate it if possible.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt,
I also have the no start on FordPass. 2018 Escape. My experience is everything works but the engine doesn’t crank long enough to start. Just a quick blip of the starter. I would say 40% of the time the engine won’t start. Some times it will start on the second try. Of course after the second try I have to physically start it. Any Ideas as to why the extremely short crank time?
Tim
Sponsored