FordPass Remote Starting Wrong Vehicle

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Apologies if this has been posted before. A quick search didn't yield anything similar.

In the past couple weeks, I noticed FordPass was remote starting the wrong vehicle. For some context, I drive an F150 ('21 Lariat PB) and my husband drives a MachE. Both vehicles are in our FordPass apps. When I launch the FordPass app, my truck will be on the screen and I'll press and hold remote start, but find two issues occur:

1 - It almost immediately confirms the remote start was activated, but with 20 minutes remaining, not 15 like it usually shows.
2 - It actually remote starts the MachE, not the F150, even though the F150 was selected.

I did contact FMC, and they put me in touch with the FordPass app team. Their team mentioned there were similar cases and will work with me and others to determine the root cause.

If it's relevant, this has happened with at least the current and last version of the iOS FordPass app, and on iOS 15.5 and 15.6 (using an iPhone 13 Pro Max). Thankfully we haven't seen it reversed, where remote starting the MachE remote starts the F150 (leaving a running truck in the garage), but it's concerning nonetheless

I wanted to get this out there in case others were facing similar issues.
Sponsored