Ford Pass remote start not working

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
the remote start from Ford Pass on my 2021 F150 XLT isn't working. It worked once and the rest of the time I keep getting the message "You Must drive your vehicle after two remote starts." I've tried master reset, sync reset, reinstalling the app, re-adding the vehicle to the app, etc with no results. The only thing I can do is just lock and unlock the vehicle. Anyone else have a similar problem fixed?
Sponsored

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Forte
Occupation
Ford Software Engineer
Hi Andre,

Sorry, I had to discuss interacting with customers online with my manager which is why I deleted my last post. I am a software engineer working at Ford and I am interested in your issue. If you can, do you mind sending me your VIN# so that I can look into this more closely?

EDIT: I hope this isn't too weird but I checked your post history and found the VIN. If you wouldn't mind could you DM me in this forum so that we can discuss your issue in more depth?

Thanks

Last edited:

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7 Sport 302A
the remote start from Ford Pass on my 2021 F150 XLT isn't working. It worked once and the rest of the time I keep getting the message "You Must drive your vehicle after two remote starts." I've tried master reset, sync reset, reinstalling the app, re-adding the vehicle to the app, etc with no results. The only thing I can do is just lock and unlock the vehicle. Anyone else have a similar problem fixed?
I'm having a similar issue. I created two scheduled starts. One for 7:55AM weekdays and one for 5:25PM weekdays.

Scenario:
Scheduled start works at 5:25PM before I leave work.

Truck starts and runs for 15 minutes, then shuts off since I haven't gotten in it or extended the run time.

I go out to my truck, start it with the push button and go home.

The next morning at 7:54AM I get a notification from the Ford Pass app telling me Scheduled Starts Deactivated Due to Inactivity.

The fact is I have driven my truck since my last scheduled start, so not sure why the scheduled starts are deactivating. Maybe you can help?

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Forte
Occupation
Ford Software Engineer
I'm having a similar issue. I created two scheduled starts. One for 7:55AM weekdays and one for 5:25PM weekdays.

Scenario:
Scheduled start works at 5:25PM before I leave work.

Truck starts and runs for 15 minutes, then shuts off since I haven't gotten in it or extended the run time.

I go out to my truck, start it with the push button and go home.

The next morning at 7:54AM I get a notification from the Ford Pass app telling me Scheduled Starts Deactivated Due to Inactivity.

The fact is I have driven my truck since my last scheduled start, so not sure why the scheduled starts are deactivating. Maybe you can help?
Hey Mark,

Can I have your VIN#? Also, are you seeing the same behavior as Andre where he receives the message: "You Must drive your vehicle after two remote starts."?

@Andre, do you remember if this scenario happened to you after your remote starts stopped working? Did you let the vehicle run until remote start was cancelled and after that it stopped working?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7 Sport 302A
Hey Mark,

Can I have your VIN#? Also, are you seeing the same behavior as Andre where he receives the message: "You Must drive your vehicle after two remote starts."?

@Andre, do you remember if this scenario happened to you after your remote starts stopped working? Did you let the vehicle run until remote start was cancelled and after that it stopped working?

Thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt,

I messaged you my VIN and message that I get. I do not get the same message as Andre.

Ford F-150 Ford Pass remote start not working a76f7252-21c3-4ba0-b88f-3886d2e6cde9

Sponsored

OP
OP

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi Matt,

Ididn’t have the same problem is Mark. I never tried to do the autostart on schedule. I was only able to autostart with Fordpass only twice and never again.

Since I received my truck back from dealership, Fordpass wont connect with the phone anymore, the app is stuck on “activation pending”

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Forte
Occupation
Ford Software Engineer
Hello Andre,
Thank you for clarifying. I sent you a DM explaining a bit more about the situation. I can tell you that the team is actively looking into this and I'll try to give updates if/when I can. Ford is off for MLK day on Monday but I hope to make progress on this next week.

For anyone else that may stumble across this thread with similar scenarios I would be interested in knowing about your experiences. If you could leave your VIN# and a description of your issue I'll investigate it if possible.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

Jaym69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150
Occupation
Investigator
Hello Andre,
Thank you for clarifying. I sent you a DM explaining a bit more about the situation. I can tell you that the team is actively looking into this and I'll try to give updates if/when I can. Ford is off for MLK day on Monday but I hope to make progress on this next week.

For anyone else that may stumble across this thread with similar scenarios I would be interested in knowing about your experiences. If you could leave your VIN# and a description of your issue I'll investigate it if possible.

Thanks,
Matt
My controls do not show up in Fordpass. I picked up my truck yesterday morning. My VIN is 1FTFW1ED0MFA85337

Lisab

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Medic
Im also having problems with my FordPass remote start, it spins and spins and eventually times out.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I’ll chime in. I noticed that after the latest FordPass update (3.15.0) that I’ve lost app functionality on my Apple Watch. I see the Ford logo, 3 pulsing dots and a refresh button. Hitting the refresh button does nothing. The 3 dots keep pulsing and that’s all that happens.

At least my iPhone app works. For the most part. The “My Journeys” feature is kind of wonky.

Sponsored

Jaym69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150
Occupation
Investigator
My controls showed up earlier today. So I guess it just takes the system a little longer sometimes to give truck controls to the app.

SeanPoll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Hello Andre,

Thanks,
Matt
same here...
Hello Andre,

Thanks,
Matt
Same here... "You Must drive your vehicle after two remote starts."

OP
OP

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry I forgot to update everyone, about a week ago my dealership contacted me that Ford did something OTA and ever since then I have not had a problem.
If anyone is having the same issues I would definitely bring the truck to the dealership for a troubleshoot.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Forte
Occupation
Ford Software Engineer
Sorry I forgot to update everyone, about a week ago my dealership contacted me that Ford did something OTA and ever since then I have not had a problem.
If anyone is having the same issues I would definitely bring the truck to the dealership for a troubleshoot.
This is great news. Good to know you have resolved your issue!

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
My Ford pass is no longer giving me the owners manual.
Sponsored