Sponsored

Regular Cab? Seriously?

gtchs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 RCSB soon
Fortunately, I don't care much about resale value as I plan to keep this truck for many years. I'll only drive it maybe 4,000 miles a year so it should last quite a while.
Sponsored

Old Hat

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT RCSB, 2005 ZR2 Blazer 5 sp manual
Resale value will be very poor. I had difficulty selling my super cab pickup as most people wanted to have seating for 5 adults which requires a crew cab.
There are less buyers wanting regular cabs for sure, but there are also less to choose from! It all balances out. If someone is looking for a really clean, stock, and original regular cab and you have it they will pay your price... Or continue to shop for months, drive hundreds of miles, or pay for shipping. I know because that's what I had to do!

If buyers want a SCREW they can easily shop for a better deal right in their area. There are plenty to pick from. Most either want the sporty 2 door or the Limo cab. Super cabs while nice, are stuck somewhere in the middle as you found.

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I don't think resale value on a 2024 single cab will be 'poor'..a previous year stripper work truck in white.. yes. But this year you get a decently equipped one! And most importantly now that interest rates are higher a large segment of buyers simply can't afford 50 grand or much much more. I know I couldn't. And as far as resale value it's all about the percentage lost. If you are in a brand new truck for 38 thousand OTD it is cheep! I firmly believe a lot of buyers THIS year will build and price a crew cab and see there payment well over $1,000.00 a month turn around and tell the wife we can get a new regular cab with ALL the most important features air cruise auto power window locks tilt telescoping steering wheel V8 (5.0!!!) cloth seat all the newest safety tech 6.5' bed for three four or five hundred dollars less a month and decide that back seat that nobody hardly ever sits in is just not worth the money.
Edit: Plus that all important 12" center screen and total digital dash.. even a tow hitch.

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
It makes me wonder if regular cab trucks might have a bit of a comeback. Especially when you look at the price and size of modern trucks: 60, 70, 80K+ for crew cab trucks now is kind of crazy. And how many of them really need seating for 5? With what Ford did with the basic features on the 24s and at their price, more people might start to look harder at reg cabs as a viable option. You can always add creature comforts after the fact like leather heated seats or carpet for relatively cheap.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Resale value will be very poor. I had difficulty selling my super cab pickup as most people wanted to have seating for 5 adults which requires a crew cab.
Regular cab short box is a different animal and different market. Used supercabs and especially 2wd supercabs or crew cabs won't sell worth a darn here. 2wd crew's will sell down south.

Regular cabs, if a shortbox, hold their value very, very well. 4wd is more sought after but rwd has it's market too. Remember the 2wd regular cab costs 5k less so it selling for 5k less in 5-10 years is still a wash.

Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
It makes me wonder if regular cab trucks might have a bit of a comeback. Especially when you look at the price and size of modern trucks: 60, 70, 80K+ for crew cab trucks now is kind of crazy. And how many of them really need seating for 5? With what Ford did with the basic features on the 24s and at their price, more people might start to look harder at reg cabs as a viable option. You can always add creature comforts after the fact like leather heated seats or carpet for relatively cheap.
Fast cars are going away. I think there will be a surge in sport trucks too. GM doesn't even have a fast car anymore outside the Corvette. I'm shocked they haven't jumped on the RCSB game and bet they will with the next gen.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
When I was looking to replace my ‘06 Silverado in 2019/20, I found that the regular cabs that weren’t white work trucks were selling for a premium over all the other configurations. My old truck was a 4 door and I hated driving everyone around. I didn’t want it in the first place but it was a good deal. RCSB trucks with low mileage over ten years old were sometimes selling for near or over their original MSRP; so I gave up looking and ordered a new truck almost exactly how I wanted it!

The only reason why dealerships have so many 4 door trucks is that they want to make the extra money. Pretty much every salesperson that I asked about regular cabs would say that they get them in but they sell quickly. Same thing with the 5.0 V8. I ask why they don’t order more of them and they say that they sell more of the crew cab trucks. Which is a logical fallacy if I’ve ever heard one.

Ford would definitely sell more XL regular cabs if they were fairly priced and the stealerships wouldn’t shovel on bloated packages or senseless options that would make more sense just upgrading to a higher trim. Because of manufacturer incentives that normally don’t apply to the XL trim; I would regularly see XLTs better optioned for thousands less than the XL trucks. Then the manufacturers and dealerships bitch when people don’t buy the “Affordable” trucks, it’s all a shell game! Unfortunately the regular cabs have gotten caught in it because I would have loved to have gotten a Lariat regular cab and it probably would have cost less than my loaded XLT.

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Chevy is missing out restricting Single cab to be absolutely just a '.work truck' but that's ok..and you can't get a V-8. I bet the upgrade to the XL regular cab by Ford was very very deliberately done to steal market share and after this year will see a large price increase in base price. It's interesting to me the 5.0 is standard in the short bed and your only option. Long beds are the real 'work' truck this year. I also think the success/buzz of the 'Sleeper' concept will mean next year we will see a limited factory version of the Lighting maybe just a SVT badge. No Shelby Super Snake regular cab this year because at $89,000.00 plus its a LOT for basically a trim package.
I decided to get my regular cab because I wanted to get all the new automotive safety tech and with Granger's price the truck actually costs less OTD than almost all other vehicles I looked at or considered.
But the main thing is if you drop about 7 grand in mods (tonneau cover, wheels and tires paint/wrap the XL grill, drop add stripes and leather) it will ABSOLUTELY look fantastic!

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Impressive window sticker..But unfortunately no red of any flavor.

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I read a few weeks ago used sales prices are starting to go down.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Impressive window sticker..But unfortunately no red of any flavor.
If you do end up going with that Silver and Black trim out theme, that will be nice for FL sun.

pjc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 on order; 2008 Honda Accord
I had recently been shopping at 4 or 5 dealers looking at leftover 2023 XL F-150's and they were quoting ridulous prices, and none of them would give me a price on a 2024 without coming in and haggling. Granger gave me a quote right away on the 2024 XL build I sent them and was so much cheaper than the leftovers I was looking at, that I upgraded my build to an XLT, and placed an order a couple days ago.

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Jmet8 that's a NICE truck! I like some of the little touches..flag, Ford 'performace' badging tailgate treatment ect. Leather seats and console are impressive major mods. Do you have a build thread? Mine will be similar. I'm going with a one piece tonneau cover (with a little wing like my SRT-10 lolo!) only a 2"-4" drop but added stripes and stinger and maybe carpet.
But your truck has the 'look' I'm going for.
Sponsored