Random Deep sleep mode from FordPass app

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
If its not on the app, you should not need to do this, but for reference.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
What do you mean if not on app exactly and thanks for video.
Yes, same on push start,
I only did it when I got repeated errors on app, Fordpass remote start

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
You bet!!

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
My truck hasn't done this yet and not that it helps but my wifes 22 Lincoln Corsair is having the same issue sporadically and when checked, no issue is found. I get the answer its a "software" glitch"!

Last edited:
OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
My truck hasn't done this yet and not that it helps but my wifes 22 Lincoln Corsair is having the same issue sporadically and when checked, no issue is found. I get the answer its a "software" glitch"!
That’s what I am seeing and hearing now too guess it make sense with all this “software” comes glitches ugh.

Sponsored

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
My 21 Ecoboost was doing this and I also noticed that it would not turn off the engine at a stop light. Took it in the first time and the told me it was ok however it continued to do it. Took it back in and they replaced the battery. After that it was back to normal again.
Talk them into changing the battery and I bet that will fix your problem.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
My 21 Ecoboost was doing this and I also noticed that it would not turn off the engine at a stop light. Took it in the first time and the told me it was ok however it continued to do it. Took it back in and they replaced the battery. After that it was back to normal again.
Talk them into changing the battery and I bet that will fix your problem.
Yea I think I am going to keep my eyes on it. If I have my major issues like that associated with then I will for sure nothing has changed with the actual use of the vehicle and it’s only done that message twice in about 10,300 miles.

SaSurvival

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 with 2kw PPoB
Occupation
Technical trainer
Deep sleep is when the truck is left standing for periods of time, it will go to sleep and turn consumers off to save the battery from being discharged flat. You will notice that when you unlock the car and open your door your interior lights might not turn on, your welcome lights do not turn on. The app is just notifying you that the car has gone to sleep. Mine did it the first time because I left it for five days on my driveway. It did it recently after only being locked camping for 36hrs, but I also believe that my battery is low even though I put it on charge because my start/stop function doesn’t work all the time either and that could be because of the climate that were in, colder temperatures seat heating being on and my electrical loads being heavier than normal. When you unlock the car and start it up, the vehicle will reset the deep sleep mode until next time at sees a low battery or it being left for a period of time.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Deep sleep is when the truck is left standing for periods of time, it will go to sleep and turn consumers off to save the battery from being discharged flat. You will notice that when you unlock the car and open your door your interior lights might not turn on, your welcome lights do not turn on. The app is just notifying you that the car has gone to sleep. Mine did it the first time because I left it for five days on my driveway. It did it recently after only being locked camping for 36hrs, but I also believe that my battery is low even though I put it on charge because my start/stop function doesn’t work all the time either and that could be because of the climate that were in, colder temperatures seat heating being on and my electrical loads being heavier than normal. When you unlock the car and start it up, the vehicle will reset the deep sleep mode until next time at sees a low battery or it being left for a period of time.

Yes I know all those reasons but as in my original post, my truck is driven every day, but since this post I have not got any new alerts so I am summing it up to a glitch or random alert

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 501A
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
@STexas90 I've experienced this issue with my wife's 2021 Expedition and have recently started seeing it on my 2022 F150. I have not taken my truck in for this issue but they did end up replacing the battery on the expedition and it seem to clear the issue. The dealer said that it has to do with the state of charge being monitor by the system. The battery passed the battery test but they kept it overnight and look at the state of charge the next day. He said it was ok but had dropped quite a bit more than he would expect so they replaced the battery. The expedition only had around 20,000 miles on it at the time. I'm skeptical on whether it's a software glitch or a battery drain problem. When i first started seeing this issue i made sure that all the interior lights and everything were turning off while it was sitting(my kids like to turn the light on above them and then forget about it). I've got a service appointment for my truck next week so i will probably mention it to them and have them run a test on it.
Sponsored