Sponsored

Random Deep sleep mode from FordPass app

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Just recently I have noticed I’ve gotten random deep sleep mode messages from the ford pass app. Truck starts up fine and start up works fine from key fob too and battery looks good too.

Seems like a software issue or something..

Anyone have any answers?
Sponsored

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
I got the same yesterday. No idea what it's about or why.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I got my first one in the 8th and then randomly today everything works fine. I wonder if something is up with the updates that is triggering this.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
My truck has done it since I got it. Usually after a prolonged time of not using it, but occasionally it will happen over a weekend. I think its a battery issue, but have yet to ask the dealer about it.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Its your phone.

Puts apps "to sleep" after no use for a period of time.

Check your phone settings.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
When you open it to start truck, does it same deep sleep mode? If so...probably headed down the dreaded battery issue

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know for a fact that its not my phone in my case, because when I start the truck I get only chimes from the IP, not the normal chimes.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Its your phone.

Puts apps "to sleep" after no use for a period of time.

Check your phone settings.
What in the settings would you change? I thought it had to do with truck engaging deep sleep for the battery?
When you open it to start truck, does it same deep sleep mode? If so...probably headed down the dreaded battery issue
No it doesn’t say that, this has only happened like once or twice, and the one time it did it, it had system saving battery with a loading bar on it, no issues with with start up, remote start etc

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
My truck has done it since I got it. Usually after a prolonged time of not using it, but occasionally it will happen over a weekend. I think its a battery issue, but have yet to ask the dealer about it.
Same mine happened after the weekend, but I drove it all weekend here and there short trips, have yet to have any issues with start up or battery warning signal. I guess I’ll keep an eye on it and go from there.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I do not drive mine often and it usually takes at least 2 weeks of sitting to enter deep sleep mode. Basically it is shutting everything down to preserve battery power for starting. If yours is doing it after a day or two, I would have the battery checked.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Ok, if you run into getting into the app, and it says deep sleep mode, and you cant remote start it, etc...maybe try a BSM reset, and it will clear it.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I do not drive mine often and it usually takes at least a week of sitting to enter deep sleep mode. If yours is doing it after a day or two, I would have the battery checked.
I’ve driven it a little bit each day, haven’t had a day where I haven’t driven but Ive also never got this message except twice after a recent oil change, but no issues with start up or warning battery light etc

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Ok, if you run into getting into the app, and it says deep sleep mode, and you cant remote start it, etc...maybe try a BSM reset, and it will clear it.
When I got it I could still remote start from my key fob I don’t know about phone remote start I never do it from there usually. What is a bsm reset?

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do not drive mine often and it usually takes at least a week of sitting to enter deep sleep mode. Basically it is shutting everything down to preserve battery power for starting. If yours is doing it after a day or two, I would have the battery checked.
Every time I am at the dealer they check it, and always say its "good".